Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

temna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2008
I have been watching iStockNow for the last week and noticed something concerning. When you select the "iPhone 6 Plus" and "Not 16", there are a ton of green dots in the US. Only one in Canada. Seems a little skewed in my opinion. Are the Canadians out there getting the iPhone 6 Plus in 64/126gb capacities or are they all going to the US and China?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I have been watching iStockNow for the last week and noticed something concerning. When you select the "iPhone 6 Plus" and "Not 16", there are a ton of green dots in the US. Only one in Canada. Seems a little skewed in my opinion. Are the Canadians out there getting the iPhone 6 Plus in 64/126gb capacities or are they all going to the US and China?

according to that there is barely a iPhone 6 in Canada, glad I ordered online

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada

I'm from Waterloo, Ontario and I bought an iPhone 6+ 16gb at my local Apple Store and later exchanged it for a 64gb iphone 6+ both in space grey. Both of these I reserved through the instore stock reservation system on apple.ca.

I also bought a 128gb regular iP 6 in Mississauga at the Apple Store (again reserved) and later returned it. I also got a regular iP 6 64gb model from apple.ca that came in less than 7 days. All space grey.

I'm shipping the regular 6 back to apple and keeping the iP 6+ 64gb model.

I suggest looking on line at midnight and reserving the phone for the next day pick up. It worked great for me on three occasions.

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
I got lucky just after launch and got a SG 64 plus. I had to return it because of call quality issues and so far I have not seen a single one come up in Western Canada in the past two weeks.

There was a big refresh of some of the larger capacity models in Montreal and Toronto last week, but so far nothing at all in Vancouver. I have not seen any 6+ stock listed at all in the Oakridge store in for a while now.

At this point I think some of the fun has gone out of this and I am wondering just what is going on. I will probably stick with my LG G3 at this point, the 6+ is nice in some ways but it is not worth the hassle at all.

DARKiLLUSiON

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Bookmark this site :)
Ir reserved mine twice easily because of this website
http://www.ashbalu.com/iphone.php
If you're close to an Apple Store then this site will save you lots of tjme

845Heaven

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
Yeah...for those out in the west like me in vancouver, Ive had that inventory tracker on for almost a week now without ANY supply of iphone 6 plus in SG/white 64-128 gigs....almost a week. In six total different locations. a week.

I have no idea what apple is trying to pull, and believe me I had it on 24/7 with my speakers on the highest volume during the nights in hopes of catching one, but nada. Not even one shipped in. Hopefully, they smarten up and bring in the inventory tonight.

NannyJordyn

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba, Canada
I've been tracking this site for over a week. Not that I'm getting my phone directly from Apple, but I've been watching it just to see if my city's been getting any shipments, and absolutely nothing. My name has also been on a wait list at my carrier for the same amount of time.

According to iStockNow there is absolutely no more iPhone 6+ stock in Canadian Apple stores. And my city doesn't even have the 6 anymore.
I just want it so bad.

Update: There is now one location with the 16gb 6+... I guess that's a good sign? Not all hope is lost?
Update 2: And it's gone.

Last edited:

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
Vancouver has had nothing for about 10 days now. There is a rumour they have opted out of the reservation system because of automated scalping.

Has anyone managed to get a 6+ on a walk in visit?

845Heaven

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
Vancouver has had nothing for about 10 days now. There is a rumour they have opted out of the reservation system because of automated scalping.

Automated scalping? As in people buying the phones for greater profit? Sorry googles not really helping me here...

845Heaven

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
You know what, screw this guys. waiting nearly a month for a phone seems abnormal for me...ill just risk biting a bullet buy one off of craigslist. If i check if it works, along with checking for the web order number and imei, how can it be fake?

Later guys, good luck to you

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
You know what, screw this guys. waiting nearly a month for a phone seems abnormal for me...ill just risk biting a bullet buy one off of craigslist. If i check if it works, along with checking for the web order number and imei, how can it be fake?

Later guys, good luck to you

I was just looking at Craigslist myself. Any thoughts on the risk of buying BNIB from there?

845Heaven

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2013
I was just looking at Craigslist myself. Any thoughts on the risk of buying BNIB from there?

Ive never really bought a phone from craigslist (only to sell, though), but the only skeptical part i have with "BNIB" iphones is if they have previously been used before, and was wrapped.

If you venture deeper into the cave of craigslist, you would see some "wholesalers" wanting to buy as many iphones as they possibly can. I am just speculating, but my best guess is that they have some fake outer frame parts and a way to wrap the thing, then they charge you premium for it.

Also, there are those really negligible buyers who dont really check the phone for water damage/stolen (which is a biggie... make sure to check the imei as well as call apple for the web order number if they claim that they bought it from apple)

Anyone can forge a receipt. It would be much more reliable if you would demand them to go onto the apple store, log in with their account, and literally see the phone being ordered by apple on the web.

You can never be too careful...even now im having second thoughts about this, but I would make sure to take every cautionary measure.

Good luck friend

NannyJordyn

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Manitoba, Canada
Looks like there's a bit of activity in Canada today. I've noticed a few iPhone 6+ pop up on the map. Including the 64gb space grey. Too bad I'm not in Quebec. Perhaps my store will luck out as well.

Sanlitun

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
The Vancouver stores got a huge refresh of Gold 6+ 64Gb yesterday and I had no problem getting one.

Downside is that I now have a gold phone.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
I used istock and was able to reserve a 64gb space grey on Apple website about 2 weeks ago

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.