Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Halamire

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
anyone know where I can buy a new screen, with an EMI shield and new screws for a 5C. Or would i have to buy a parts iPhone 5C and new screen separately?

Halamire

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
Well I can get a screen cheaper than that online. But my brother tried fixing it when I lived 14 hours away and lost all the screwed and EMI shield that covers the screen plugins. So I was just looking to replace all that outside of apple.

Also the nearest Apple store from me is 3 hours away.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Also the nearest Apple store from me is 3 hours away.

In the long run it may be faster to get it done by apple, i.e., spend several days trying to find a retailer to sell the parts, order then then actually do the repair vs. driving 3 hours, getting it fixed and returning home.

I'd make your brother pay, since he botched the repair.

Halamire

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
I don't know how important that EMI shield is for the screen but I found a full functional OEM screen on eBay that's 44 dollars.

Instead of paying gas to drive 3 hours on top of 129 for a fixed screen.

Halamire

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 31, 2009
And I highly doubt apple will charge me 129 for a new screen they'll provsblu charge me the price of a OOW white box 5C

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
And I highly doubt apple will charge me 129 for a new screen they'll provsblu charge me the price of a OOW white box 5C

If the Apple store has the screen only parts, they will replace just the screen and not the white box units. So they will just charge you 129.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.