Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
:D^ My advice to the community.:D

- After iPad 2, none of the iPad releases sell out.
- If you are on the fence, cool down for another month, and make your call on Black Friday
- iPad mini 3 is a joke, you are paying $100 for Touch ID (and let's face it, you won't hold it like the way you hold iPhone, and there is no NFC for payments)
- iPad Air 2 is a solid device, unless you bought an iPad last year

Thank you for listening (/reading).

tawfiqmp

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm a bit inclined to wait for Black Friday as well since last year Target did have that iPad Air deal which was amazing.

Not sure if there will be anything like that this year, but I think I can wait another month to see if there is. Worst case scenario, I didn't get to own it a month earlier for the same price.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Black Friday? You mean that psychotic shopping time, where people have actually died?

No thanks.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Don't need to buy on BF, just buy it two weeks beforehand so BF still falls within your return window and Apple will refund you the difference.

November 14th is the day to buy this year.

BradWI

Suspended
Aug 29, 2011
The Black Friday ads from the major stores will be leaked at least 2 weeks before BF. Keep an eye on this site for the leaks. Rumor is Target will have the Air 2 with a gift card deal similar to last year.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
Black Friday deals on iPad Air last year at Best Buy:

16gb, 32gb, 64gb: $50 off MSRP
128gb: $70 off MSRP

The thing is, Best Buy had these prices for 10 days leading up to Black Friday too. So it was only within 2 weeks or so of initial release of the tablet. So yes, in this case, if you can WAIT for some price competition on your new tabs this fall!

tawfiqmp

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2009
Houston, TX
Don't need to buy on BF, just buy it two weeks beforehand so BF still falls within your return window and Apple will refund you the difference.

November 14th is the day to buy this year.

There might be better deals than Apple such as Target or Best Buy doing a gift card thing like Target did last year. That's likely going to be worth more than any discount Apple gives out.

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
Good thing about Black Friday is the return window is longer just about everywhere.

I don't think the ipad will be the hit it was last year.

The $200 trade-in from Target last year was especially nice for ipad 1 owners (me):D

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
I agree, I think the iPad Air 2 won't be sold out on release date. I remember going to the Apple store and picking up the iPad 4 on launch day.

justin216

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2004
Tampa, FL
Rather buy it now and enjoy it for the next 30 days, versus hope for a good deal to be offered AND be able to get said deal.

That said, if money is tight and/or you're not in a big rush to upgrade, waiting a month to save some cash is always a good idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.