Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

paulmacbeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Hi,

I originally had the spigen crystal film on my iPhone 6, which was ok, but then changed it to the Orzly tempered glass. This has only been on 2 days and has 2 chips on the edges where it doesn't properly adhere to the curve of the screen.

I want to replace this with another glass protector as they feel so much better, but can't decide between the zagg and the spigen glass.

Just looking for opinions on which is the better fit and less likely to chip like the Orzly has done. I read that the original spigen was a bad fit but believe there has been a revised version released since?

Thanks,

Paul.

paulmacbeth

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for the replies, how is the fit on the zagg, does it cover the width of the active screen, I know that it is not edge to edge, but does it leave any of the screen exposed?

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I just went to 8, yes 8 zagg glasses today, plus the original and every one of them has edge lifting. Best Buy gave up swapping, had the last one swapped because the glass had a different defect as well...just a divot in the glass. I'm rather disappointed. I have an iloom on the way to try.

Edit:
Does anyone have a trick that may get this to adhere to the edges? I'm trying exposing it to pressure and heat.

dcharleyultra

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2013
I just had the Zagg installed at a mall kiosk. They went through 3 screens. And it's still a little off center at the home button. The width does cover the viewing screen.

I would recommend letting them install the screen.

Ipadlover29

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2011
Very happy with my zagg glass. I've had for a week now. No chipping or cracks so far. Only thing I don't like is its not full coverage, but then all the glass ones are like that from what I heard. I have 2 other zagg glasses for my iPad air and s4 with no issues. I do get mine installed at the official zagg kiosk in the mall.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
They both suck, if we're being honest. Neither are edge to edge.

No, if we're being honest, for "case friendly" tempered glass screen protectors...they are both good, but the ZAGG has the benefit of an amazing warranty.

If you want to know what really sucks, it's that NONE of the glass SP's available that claim to "cover the entire screen" are compatible with ANY cases that have any real lip or screen protection should the phone be set down screen-side down. That sucks.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
I contacted Zagg again...great customer service...and they are sending out another. If Best Buy had a bad batch, at least I will get another try. They are not aware of the edge lift. I expect that this issue is because my phone may have more curve that other phones...there is no exact science on the curve. Best buy also said that every application resulted in the glass adhering near the edges first and they had to push the center. This is strange. I will probably stop addressing the edge lift on the case friendly model of the zagg glass and wait for a new model to come out...upgrade to that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.