Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RooneySC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
Hanahan, SC
So my wife and I are using the same iCloud account....let me illustrate how we are doing it so my question in the end makes sense....

1) I have the primary iCloud account....all features are turned on for my devices.

2) My wife has her own iCloud account, but it is set up as a secondary account on her device. My iCloud account is set as the primary account on her phone....this allows us to use the same paid iCloud storage allotment, share the same default photo stream, find each other's phones, etc. On her device, the only options turned on with my account are Backup and Photos. All others are turned off. Contacts, calendars, etc are turned on for her account. She also has a third account from a Microsoft Exchange server for work.

Everything works flawlessly, except...

If I look at my contacts, I see only my contacts. Everything seems kosher. If I open Messages or Mail and start composing a message, the second I type a letter every single one of her contacts (both iCloud and Exchange) becomes one of my "Recent" contacts. I can't see these contacts in any address books, but they are somehow recent contacts for me.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this? Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.