Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I noticed that if I charge my iPad 2 when its at 10% or lower it takes about 10 hrs or so to be at 100%. If I plug it in at 30%'ish, it only takes a few hours.

I'm still testing and will try charging at 20%'ish to see how long it takes. I've had this iPad for 3 years and have went down to under 10% before and charging never took this long.

Anyone experience this? Is this fixable?

Last edited:

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Are you using an outlet or your computer?

Never timed it, but I do know that using the 12W charger on my iPad 2 gets faster results.
I'm using an outlet with the supplied Apple USB cable and wall plug.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
If you've done a hardware reset (power+home button) and the wall charger and charging cable is good then it could indicate a battery problem. What's the charge cycle count on the battery?

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
If you've done a hardware reset (power+home button) and the wall charger and charging cable is good then it could indicate a battery problem. What's the charge cycle count on the battery?

I have no clue. I'll dl ibackupbot tonight and see.

Edit: Actually I just read some reviews on ibackupbot and most say that the app has lots spyware.

Can Ifunbox do the job as well?

Last edited:

Tzerlag

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2014
I'm baaaaack
I had one of the early iPhone 5 that was eligible for the battery replacement program. When I brought it to the Apple Store, the genius ran a battery diagnostic over wifi to see that it was in fact a weak battery.

I asked if my friend (who's phone was not eligible for the program) could come into the store to have his battery tested the same way. She told me yes, or it could be done by calling Apple customer support.

So make a Genius Bar appointment or simply call Apple.

(I'm assuming the diagnostic test is free, ipad battery replacement service is $99)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.