Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Looking to purchase either an iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray or Gold. Leaning more towards the Space Gray, but a bit worried as it will show more scruffs in the long run just like the Slate (iPhone 5) couple years back.

evorc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2011
Space grey came because of the scuffing of the slate. So no it doesn't scratch easily.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
For one thing, there are no chamfered edges anymore, which is a really good thing. that's where all the scuffs would appear on my old iPhone 5, and the first place where the anodization would wear off.

Second, the Space gray is much lighter than slate. Very minor scuffs probably won't show unless you look closely. Though obviously major dents and large scratches will be hard to hide on any phone.

markthrash

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Texass
Slate was the worst for scruffs. I'm having flashbacks of my 5 being extremely scratched up. Just from normal, everyday use. I'm more a fan of the Space Gray, but I would like a darker color to come out in the future.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Throw a skin or a case on it and you'll not have to worry about it getting scuffed up

ronaldcastillo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Thanks for the tips! Still not sure which color (space gray or gold) to get as well as capacity (16 or 64).

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Thanks for the tips! Still not sure which color (space gray or gold) to get as well as capacity (16 or 64).

I'm not a fan of the gold color, but color is a subjective decision. Get the one that you like the most. One thing to consider, I like the black front because its less noticeable watching videos or doing things. The white phones to me, are more distracting with the white bezel - food for thought.

As for the size, avoid the 16GB, you'll regret it. Its just too small these days.

Remember when 8.0 hit the streets and needed 5GB to install, many of the folks who had 16GB iPhones struggled to install it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.