Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NorCalMD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
I´m looking for a 64gb gold iphone 6 for att... does anyone know if stores are getting a varied stock or is it mostly 16 gb grey ones... i´m asking because on top of not many phones being available the ones that are are being bought every single day by chinese people standing in line at many apple stores across the country.

I´m tempted to go early to the nearest apple store and try to get the phone i`m looking for but i´m just not sure if the stores are getting any of this particular model.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I´m looking for a 64gb gold iphone 6 for att... does anyone know if stores are getting a varied stock or is it mostly 16 gb grey ones... i´m asking because on top of not many phones being available the ones that are are being bought every single day by chinese people standing in line at many apple stores across the country.

I´m tempted to go early to the nearest apple store and try to get the phone i`m looking for but i´m just not sure if the stores are getting any of this particular model.

Here in New York you can pretty easily walk into a store and get any iPhone 6 model you want. Good luck getting a Plus though. They sell out as soon as the new shipments arrive. But you can get find them now early in the morning.

GoingDark

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Here in Toronto all the Apple stores and all the carrier stores seem to have plenty of stock of the iPhone 6 in every colour/capacity.

The 6 Plus remains out of stock pretty much everywhere though.

Also, the Chinese resale market should be drying up now that the phones are available there through regular retail channels.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

Are you sure they are scalpers?

Asking cuz Apple iPhones are available in China now and there really is no reason to ship them from the U.S. To China anymore.

Plus, in craigslist, I see a bunch of iphones the were originally bound for China are being dumped to any willing buyer, some were even below retail price. The middlemen were taking loses when China announced an oct 17 release date for iPhones in China.

The only profitable iPhone is the plus. The regular 6 is a dime a dozen. You can find in the stores as a walkin customer.

iceperson

macrumors 6502
Mar 31, 2014

Still not seeing many non 16gb 6s around here for AT&T. Looks like apple seriously overestimated the demand for the sprint versions though, they can't seem to give those away...

slazareth

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
Not sure about TJone's comment. I've been looking for an iPhone 6 128GB and haven't been able to track one down in all of NYC since I started looking late last week. I've been trying Apple stores, Best Buy and ATT. No dice. I've also been checking around Atlanta and SF a couple times a day just out of curiosity and haven't seen anything there either. At least according to apple.com

Just spoke to an Apple store employee on the phone that told me they haven't had stock in about a week and half and that they tend to get shipments every other week. Not sure how accurate that is. I would think they'd get shipments a couple times a week.

Note all my comments are in regards to ATT phones.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I set up alerts with istocknow and today was the first alert that I got in weeks for a 64GB space gray AT&T. I missed the alert because it was at 4 a.m. I've only been checking pickup stock. I had to return a defective phone last week. I decided to just place an order on Apple.com.

HarryWild

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2012
I set up alerts with istocknow and today was the first alert that I got in weeks for a 64GB space gray AT&T. I missed the alert because it was at 4 a.m. I've only been checking pickup stock. I had to return a defective phone last week. I decided to just place an order on Apple.com.

Thanks for istocknow! I set the alerts!

ashley1496

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
I have tried to find a 6 + in Seattle and have never once seen the istock now light up green at an Apple Store (nor received a notification). I drove to a store yesterday though and they said they took down the option to reserve for in store pickup on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, whih would likely affect the istocknow alerts. They said best bet was to show up first thing in the morning.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Here in New York you can pretty easily walk into a store and get any iPhone 6 model you want. Good luck getting a Plus though. They sell out as soon as the new shipments arrive. But you can get find them now early in the morning.

Not sure about TJone's comment. I've been looking for an iPhone 6 128GB and haven't been able to track one down in all of NYC since I started looking late last week. I've been trying Apple stores, Best Buy and ATT. No dice. I've also been checking around Atlanta and SF a couple times a day just out of curiosity and haven't seen anything there either. At least according to apple.com

Just spoke to an Apple store employee on the phone that told me they haven't had stock in about a week and half and that they tend to get shipments every other week. Not sure how accurate that is. I would think they'd get shipments a couple times a week.

Note all my comments are in regards to ATT phones.

I live in NYC and haven't been able to find an ATT iPhone 6 with either 64gb or 128gb. Im tracking using istocknow and setup alerts at 6tracker.com but all that's coming up are 16GBs, very frustrating.

Even considered switching carriers, but after calling all of tmobiles and verizons in nyc NONE have any iphone 6 in stock. This is ridiculous.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I live in NYC and haven't been able to find an ATT iPhone 6 with either 64gb or 128gb.

Perhaps order a T-Mobile/Unlocked one online from apple.com and cancel if you find one locally sooner than than it arrives. Not like it impacts any upgrades and it should work fine on AT&T.

slazareth

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
As an update, I tried the SF zipcode today at 2:15 and they had 128GB available for pickup today. I tried again at 2:45 and they were gone.

TJone

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I live in NYC and haven't been able to find an ATT iPhone 6 with either 64gb or 128gb. Im tracking using istocknow and setup alerts at 6tracker.com but all that's coming up are 16GBs, very frustrating.

Even considered switching carriers, but after calling all of tmobiles and verizons in nyc NONE have any iphone 6 in stock. This is ridiculous.

I was able to pick up a 128 GB iPhone 6 by ordering for in store pickup on Long Island on a Friday with pick up the next day. I think Apple's website is more accurate then the inventory tracking websites. I even saw Plus's were available for same day pickup a few days ago. Its sporadic though but you should be able to get a 6 for in store pickup within a day or 2.

slazareth

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
Looks like the UWS store just got some in NYC. I called in at 11 and the lady on the phone told me no stock in NYC. I checked the website at 11:10 and saw stock available for pickup today. As of right now 11:20 they still have stock of 128GB Space Gray iPhone 6 for ATT.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Looks like the UWS store just got some in NYC. I called in at 11 and the lady on the phone told me no stock in NYC. I checked the website at 11:10 and saw stock available for pickup today. As of right now 11:20 they still have stock of 128GB Space Gray iPhone 6 for ATT.

You're right. They have in-store pick up for the 128GB space grey AT&T. I have an online order for a 64GB space gray. It's tempting but 128 GB is far more than I need.

NorCalMD

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
Those att 64gb iphone 6´s are impossible to find... i´ve had alerts set up from istocknow.com since last week and i´m still waiting for my first notification. Might try to go to NYC and check out several stores, i´m guessing that the "cube" location on 5th av. is probably the one that would get the most shipments?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Those att 64gb iphone 6´s are impossible to find... i´ve had alerts set up from istocknow.com since last week and i´m still waiting for my first notification. Might try to go to NYC and check out several stores, i´m guessing that the "cube" location on 5th av. is probably the one that would get the most shipments?

I've found around my area (Philadelphia) 64gb 6's are impossible to find as well. I'm about to just give in and place an order on apple.com since I don't NEED the phone right away.

Cavmclaren

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2014
Atlanta
Ive been checking apple.com and istocknow throughout the day religiously for weeks. I have my phone now through the personal pick up method and i still check it even in other areas just because it interests me lol. i can tell you that they are getting stock no matter where you are and it comes in waves as far as color and style but it goes very fast because the demand is so high everyone is watching the stocks ready to hit the check out button. you just have to be patient and dilligent as far as checking. id suggest always being signed in through your apple id on the apple store and if you know what model you want add it to your cart so that you dont have to go through filling out all the info bc being a slow typer will cost you every second counts. that way as soon as a store near you with available for pick up its just 2-3 clicks away. good luck.

also if you have the option pick a store further outside the metro area where you live those tend to sit available longer.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Ive been checking apple.com and istocknow throughout the day religiously for weeks. I have my phone now through the personal pick up method and i still check it even in other areas just because it interests me lol. i can tell you that they are getting stock no matter where you are and it comes in waves as far as color and style but it goes very fast because the demand is so high everyone is watching the stocks ready to hit the check out button. you just have to be patient and dilligent as far as checking. id suggest always being signed in through your apple id on the apple store and if you know what model you want add it to your cart so that you dont have to go through filling out all the info bc being a slow typer will cost you every second counts. that way as soon as a store near you with available for pick up its just 2-3 clicks away. good luck.

also if you have the option pick a store further outside the metro area where you live those tend to sit available longer.

Also... when you see that stock land and you miss ordering it for pickup? Drive to the store (walk, bike, whatever) where you saw stock and try for a reservation if it's around lunchtime or earlier. You might just luck out.

That's how I got my 64GB.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
^^^^what do you mean by a reservation??

You go, you stand in line. One of the employees walks down the line and asks each person what they want to buy. If the thing you want is in stock, they issue you a "reservation"... it's electronic and it allows you to pick it up anytime that same day, just in case you go by there early in the AM, but the line is too long and you want to try to come back later in the day.

It's a pretty cool system, really.

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Here in Madison, Wi every 6 and 6 plus is currently out of stock.

I walked into Apple after being turned away at the AT&T store right there next to West Towne and caught them with a fresh shipment. It's definitely all about timing and luck.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I walked into Apple after being turned away at the AT&T store right there next to West Towne and caught them with a fresh shipment. It's definitely all about timing and luck.

Yea Apple Store at West Towne did receive some 6's today as I checked the istocknow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.