Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xscapes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
New York
Has anyone able to add their debit card as credit card? Chase debit card can be use as credit without the need of entering the pin, I tried it at whole foods today after finger print verify it required me to enter my debit card pin.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
Has anyone able to add their debit card as credit card? Chase debit card can be use as credit without the need of entering the pin, I tried it at whole foods today after finger print verify it required me to enter my debit card pin.

Hit cancel on the terminal when it asks for the PIN and it will process it as credit.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
^^ This. A lot of companies will check the card to see if they can process the payment as debit, and if they do, they'll try to get you to enter a PIN. Just hit cancel and it should run as credit.

The reasons for this is, debit transactions are usually cheaper for the merchant to process than a credit transaction.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I have had that happen at Walgreens as well as Whole Foods, I just typed in the PIN, however, if you want it to be a little faster, at Walgreens, there is a button for credit, and at Whole Foods you just press enter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.