Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melapple

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2013
On my iPhone 5 over the past couple of years I've had iOS 6, 7 and now iOS8 but for the past 3 or 4 days I've seen an incredible amount of data being used by system services under cellular in settings. If I click System services I see that the culprit is iTunes accounts which I'm not even sure what it is linked to.

Today, I was disconnected from wifi for just about ten seconds and saw that iTunes accounts went from 200kb of data to 16MB:eek:
Granted, all the settings have been the same I had before experiencing this. i.e. no automatic downloads or updates and no iCloud without wifi

Anyone has any suggestion to fix this? Please, I am at a loss here

eekcat

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
On my iPhone 5 over the past couple of years I've had iOS 6, 7 and now iOS8 but for the past 3 or 4 days I've seen an incredible amount of data being used by system services under cellular in settings. If I click System services I see that the culprit is iTunes accounts which I'm not even sure what it is linked to.

Today, I was disconnected from wifi for just about ten seconds and saw that iTunes accounts went from 200kb of data to 16MB:eek:
Granted, all the settings have been the same I had before experiencing this. i.e. no automatic downloads or updates and no iCloud without wifi

Anyone has any suggestion to fix this? Please, I am at a loss here

Not that it directly addresses your issue, but just to pile on - I had a similar issue, but with Time and Location services eating up a LOT of data. Oddly enough, that problem disappeared when I moved to my 6+ (off of a restore from my 5S).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.