Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vigilant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Nashville, TN
Theres the places where Apple has stated to use ApplePay, but theres more then they explicitly say. Lets make a list of where it's confirmed to work outside of what we know. I was surprised when I saw an NFC reader this morning at breakfast and waved my phone by it almost as a joke but ApplePay turned on. Who else can contribute

- Taco Cabana

Roadrash3

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
It works anywhere there is a NFC reader, apple pay is just their NFC app, they make it seem confusing. I have used it at OfficeMax and 7-11 here in town. Now i am always looking for NFC readers.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
It will work with NFC readers everywhere, provide the machine works. People are confused because they think it is exclusive like initial AT&T iPhone deal but it's not for merchants. I think Apple just didn't want to advertise merchants who didn't work with them so they didn't explicitly said "it will work everywhere that has this sign even at Walmarts that didn't work with us" THAT would make it clear to everyone.
Steve Jobs was always excellent at this it's no wonder Apple keynotes lately were a bit confusing, like :apple:Watch demo for example.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Circle K
vending machines
Certain Walmarts
basha's
Carl's Jr.
BK
Aj's fine foods
food city
Jack in the Box
Home Depot
Hobby Lobby
WinCo Foods
big O tires in my area
urgent care extra
Family auto care

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.