Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ironjim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
I purchased a 6 and am past my 14 day return. Not loving the color. Will Apple sell me a new full price phone to replace it? I'm att. I would then sell the one I have now on eBay. When I tried to order online at apple.com it said not eligible for upgrade and gave me no option to pay full price.?

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Did you pay for your 6 completely? If you did a next upgrade then pay it off. Then you can buy another. Check you upgrade status either on the phone or on the AT&T website. If they let you upgrade then do it. If AT&T won't let you upgrade then get a device only phone at Apple.

Ironjim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
I paid for the upgrade. I am on unlimited data and it was my 2 year subsidized upgrade .

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Chances are you can do a full price upgrade. Check your account on the AT&T website or give them a call.

roguebear

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Yes, you can absolutely buy a full price phone whenever you want, irrespective of eligibility. Unfortunately the Apple website does not support this, but if you go into a store you can request a device-only phone and pay full price. The bonus is that by paying full price your phone will be unlocked.

Alternatively, you can buy from the ATT website and choose to pay full price. It's only Apple that doesn't allow it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.