Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DUDEMANGUY5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
I updated to iOS 8.1 yesterday and while I got some time today, I began to investigate the new features and one of them I was excited about was the regaining of the camera roll function.

I realized today that in my camera roll, a lot of my photos are not organized by the day or even the years that I took them. In a sequence of photos (my friend's wedding) there are some pictures that are from a few months prior mixed in with them.

Basically this is true with many sequences of photos on my phone.
Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anybody have a quick fix?

maliu

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2010
I had a few mixed in. Date wise. Luckily I just wanted to delete them. No help for you, I'm sorry. I'm just grateful to have it back.

Dreamer2go

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
I updated to iOS 8.1 yesterday and while I got some time today, I began to investigate the new features and one of them I was excited about was the regaining of the camera roll function.

I realized today that in my camera roll, a lot of my photos are not organized by the day or even the years that I took them. In a sequence of photos (my friend's wedding) there are some pictures that are from a few months prior mixed in with them.

Basically this is true with many sequences of photos on my phone.
Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anybody have a quick fix?

I'm not sure, but the camera roll is like this since day 1. (I have some screen shots, saved pictures online etc. thrown to different dates here and there)

Did you take pics with your other camera and mix it in? or is it photos taken purely by the iPhone?

EltonT

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2010
I've updated to 8.1 and camera roll is still not inside photos, why is this?

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
I've updated to 8.1 and camera roll is still not inside photos, why is this?

Go to Albums, all the way at the bottom of the photos app.
Then click the first one up top, that's called "All Photos".

Camera Roll is called All Photos, if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled.

Apple NZ

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2010
New Zealand
Same problem here, my camera roll is messed up. Some photos I took last year are appearing in the camera roll along with more recent photos

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.