Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
So handoff seems to be working perfectly from my mac to my iPhone. As in, if I have mail or safari going, my phone immediately makes the handoff distinction on the unlock screen. However, I have yet to see the handoff icon on my mac at all since I updated from beta.

Anyone else having this problem?

reil

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Seattle, WA
i had this exact same problem and i read that completely signing out of iCloud on the mac would fix it. so i signed out and back in and it works for me.

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
i had this exact same problem and i read that completely signing out of iCloud on the mac would fix it. so i signed out and back in and it works for me.

Hmmm, it does't seem to be working. In fact, now I'm not even seeing handoff on my iPhone. Maybe it takes some time after a sign in?

Edit: phone working again but no mac

Last edited:

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
I too have this problem.

Fine both ways between all my devices except my Late 2013 15" rMBP only goes to my iPhone, and not the other way - i.e. I never see icons appear next to the dock.

Tried many things and no success thus far. Hopefully iPhone 6 Plus with fresh iOS install might help.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I had the same issue with late 2013 rMBP and iPhone 5
I too tried everything
Made sure all settings were correct on iPhone and Mac to allow it
Restarted both devices, etc.

The final step for me like above was to completely log out of iCloud on the Mac
And then log back in
BAM it all worked at that point

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Hand off is working for me between my ipad 3 ipad mini 2 iphone 6+ and my mba air mid 2013... But but when doing something on the mba i c'ant see it on my idevices...

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
Here's how it works currently for me:

DTblYNU.png

So close... Quite annoying really.

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
I have a 2013 rMBP as well and it hasn't worked even after logging in and out of iCloud. I don't actually really use handoff but it bothers me anyways that it doesn't work.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
I too have this problem.

Fine both ways between all my devices except my Late 2013 15" rMBP only goes to my iPhone, and not the other way - i.e. I never see icons appear next to the dock.

Tried many things and no success thus far. Hopefully iPhone 6 Plus with fresh iOS install might help.

Does Airdrop work in both directions?

Playgear

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2010
I have a 2013 rMBP as well and it hasn't worked even after logging in and out of iCloud. I don't actually really use handoff but it bothers me anyways that it doesn't work.

That's what fixed it for me as well :D

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Logging out and in on both devices doesn't help in my case.

It works from iPhone to rMBP but not other way around... Puff

Same here signed out of iCloud on Mba signed in and still the same thing, everything shows up on my mba and between my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6+
opening a webpage on my mba won't show up on either my iPad or iPhone :(

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
Same here signed out of iCloud on Mba signed in and still the same thing, everything shows up on my mba and between my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 6+

I waited a little bit after my iCloud sign in/out and restarted both devices. After a day or so (without checking) it just started functioning

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
I waited a little bit after my iCloud sign in/out and restarted both devices. After a day or so (without checking) it just started functioning

I hope it starts to works soon, not a big deal but it annoys me that its no working both ways...

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA

My iPhone 5 would not show any handoff icons from the Mac until I signed off iCloud (on the iPhone) / restarted (iPhone) / signed back into iCloud (iPhone.)
Then it, worked.

big samm

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
My iPhone 5 would not show any handoff icons from the Mac until I signed off iCloud (on the iPhone) / restarted (iPhone) / signed back into iCloud (iPhone.)
Then it, worked.

That my friend did the trick! Signed out on my iPad mini than signed back in and now it's working both ways... Thank you very much! I don't know why i did't think of this before...

vrungel

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2011
Is any of you able to use iWork apps (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) with the Handoff feature between iOS and Yosemite where you simply start creating a new doc and an icon pops up on another device allowing you to continue editing the doc? Note I don't mean saving the doc on iCloud first as I know this works, but that's an old way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.