Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
I feel the simpelst and most effective reaction for users who feel they are being ignored or left behind by marketing models would be to send one single email to APPLE.

So who or what would be the best email address at APPLE to send critical feedback on the mac mini update?

I'm suggesting top management exactly but what email address is the best to flood. We should all use one to make our collective point.

If as many email's arrived via one APPLE email address as there are posts on this this forum you might find something will actually happen, they may begin to listen. No point moaning and analyzing in thin air.

If everyone penned a to the point and critical email without being abusive or outrageously emotional they would be far more compelled to consider future moves.

Making simple clear points with insight from everyday core users while also including your own estimate of how much money YOU ARE NOT going to spend on APPLE hardware and possible OS switching consideration (yea you're not even going to VM on new apple HW) is a good template.

So what one email should it be?

Please post suggestions. Focus on the email address for now. Keep the thread straight. No what you might write. There are plenty of threads on this and that.

Which email address @apple.com?

We coudl poll this after suggestions. Then we coudl start sharing our emails sent later. One thing at a time folks if we are to be clear, concise and effective.

Last edited:

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
I don't see a point to this. Apple doesn't care what the consumer wants in a product that (I'm sure) only makes up a small portion of their Mac sales.

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
If you want to provide feedback, then use http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Is there an email such as feedback@apple.com?

A direct email is far more effective that an online submitted form on their website where they control all the flow in.

I would discount this for the moment myself but other may disagree because we need a persons name on that email.

Who is head of mac mini dev or marketing if there is even that position?

We need a little more penetration than online happy sheets.

----------

tcook@apple.com - He would love to read your email sitting next to his fireplace, drinking a hot cup of cocoa.

Ha ha, but no. If you read my opening post. Nope. (if that' even his email address... course if it comes to it and we can't find a suitable one they maybe we'll be left no choice).

Let's think a bit more creatively rather than conforming to figurehead thinking eh!

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Sorry OP, but Apple will not comply to complaints from some of use. They only care about the bottom line to Apple, and that is it. Seen this too many times with those that think they can write, and complain thinking it will do some good. We are only a few of the millions they sell to. Good luck, but for the time being Apple will go its own way.

xylitol

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Finland
If everyone penned a to the point and critical email without being abusive or outrageously emotional they would be far more compelled to consider future moves.

Making simple clear points with insight from everyday core users while also including your own estimate of how much money YOU ARE NOT going to spend on APPLE hardware and possible OS switching consideration (yea you're not even going to VM on new apple HW) is a good template.

Since money is all they care about, I would send them a Nigerian letter.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
Sorry OP, but Apple will not comply to complaints from some of use. They only care about the bottom line to Apple, and that is it. Seen this too many times with those that think they can write, and complain thinking it will do some good. We are only a few of the millions they sell to. Good luck, but for the time being Apple will go its own way.

On the other hand they once removed Fire Wire from the 13" MBP. A year later they brought it back due to complaints.

weaverra

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
Since money is all they care about, I would send them a Nigerian letter.

Isn't that what any for profit business cares about? Obviously people want their products or they would be out of business. That's all I care about when I do my photography. They get a very good product mind you. I'm not doing it for charity. I also work 40+ hours for my day job company for the money.

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
If I thought this was a futile exercise I wouldn't have posted the thread. So folks these comments are irrelevant.

I'm not looking for a reason why or why not or a critique of this idea. It's a very ordinary proposal but with weight of numbers it has the potential to have more impact than endless threads bemoaning the current mac mini update debacle and more waiting.

I'm looking for the most effective internal email we can send emails too based on user suggestions who may know more than I. That's it.

foobarbazqux

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2014
Apple already has an established mechanism for customers to provide feedback. Emailing people directly will just waste their time. Managers and execs in general at any company already get more than enough email during the course of normal business as is to be bothered with people flooding their inboxes with "we want quad cores and upgradeable RAM" emails.

wiredup72

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
Apple already has an established mechanism for customers to provide feedback. Emailing people directly will just waste their time. Managers and execs in general at any company already get more than enough email during the course of normal business as is to be bothered with people flooding their inboxes with "we want quad cores and upgradeable RAM" emails.

Reading those emails would be far more productive to MY wants than whatever they are working on. So I disagree.

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013

if I had asked users "What's your favourite colour of ice cream?", the answers I'm getting is, "strawberry! strawberry! It's STRAWBERRY!!!!".

Please re-read my previous posts.

midwestfisherma

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
S.E. Mich
I think you guys just like to make mountains out of mole hills!! The specs on the new mini's are perfectly fine for 95%+ of the users out there. 95%+ of the users out there could also give a sh|t less about whether they can upgrade their RAM or not! :rolleyes:

Not to mention Apple could careless about your outrage. Send all of the emails you like, I'm sure they'll be laughing all of the way to the bank at your outrage! :D :apple:

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
I think you guys just like to make mountains out of mole hills!! The specs on the new mini's are perfectly fine for 95%+ of the users out there. 95%+ of the users out there could also give a sh|t less about whether they can upgrade their RAM or not! :rolleyes:

Not to mention Apple could careless about your outrage. Send all of the emails you like, I'm sure they'll be laughing all of the way to the bank at your outrage! :D :apple:

Apple like to make millions out of moles.

Any links to back up your mac mini user survey findings?

Yes Apple make money who'd thunk it, nor am I outraged.

I think you have over-perscribed your understanding somewhat and you identify Apples BILLION $ profits as our weakness but it is the only reason they may listen more closely and especially to users who make it clear they're not going to spend their money this year on new Apple hardware thus no longer aiding that profit seeking.

Perhaps you can at least agree we are in agreement Apple like to profit but that has nothing to do with this thread or what I am trying to ascertain.

Last edited:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
If I thought this was a futile exercise I wouldn't have posted the thread.

You would have much more luck convincing them if
1) You were a major stock holder and had access to Tim.
2) You won one of those periodic auctions and could talk to Tim over lunch.

The Mac Mini low sales have relegated the Mac Mini to obscurity.

oronll

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2012
yeah you guys are making too much out of it.

Think of it this way. 8 gigs of ram will be more than enough for the cpu/gpu in it and by the time the next mac mini comes out everything will have switched to ddr4 and intel will have changed their cpu socket yet again.

wiredup72

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2011
The best way for them to hear our complaints is to vote with our dollars. Don't buy a mini, which I'm not, and don't buy a pro or iMac or. laptop.
The lack of sales will be enough I think. If people use them for small server farms, what idiot would order 50, or 100 or a thousand of these. Not someone who should keep their job.

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona
The best way for them to hear our complaints is to vote with our dollars. Don't buy a mini, which I'm not, and don't buy a pro or iMac or. laptop.
The lack of sales will be enough I think. If people use them for small server farms, what idiot would order 50, or 100 or a thousand of these. Not someone who should keep their job.

You make a good point. I bought a 2012 MBP last fall. I want (need) an optical drive, a FW port and an Ethernet connection. The newer laptops have better performance than mine but are lacking in the connections is want.

Additionally I have two 2012 minis. I want (need) two internal SATA drives, quad core processors (PS CS6 & A3) and a FW port. A maxed out 21" iMac would be a much faster computer but its storage space is gimped.

As long as Apple wants to be a toy company I'll just buy some of the light-duty stuff. Should I get heavily back into photography again Windows is where it's at for reasonably-priced, powerful, configurable computers.

crazzapple

Oct 19, 2014

Do not buy anything from this company. If you are in a position to influence friends' and family members' buying, suggest they also do not buy. Apple claims to be environmentally friendly, yet their products are non-upgradable, disposable. They even use tamper resistant security screws on the new mini. If you wasting your money on crappy overpriced headphones, then go ahead. That is the direction they're heading.

Crosscreek

macrumors 68030
Nov 19, 2013
Margarittaville
Apple is worried about the Mac Mini cultist out here and they are trying to put us in our place.

You notice every time Apple mentions the Mini they talk about the "cult following" ......because we don't drink their cool aid. :cool:

SuperPolli

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2013
New Jersey
I Hate the New Mac Mini. But We Will Move On...

You know it seems that Apple releases products almost every year that aren't received well by 100% of Apple lovers. The 2014 Mac Mini is this year's. I don't love it, but I don't think we need to take away from Apple's innovation by bombarding them with emails when that won't change anything. What're they going to do? Go back to the old design and admit that they screwed up? No. Let's all live with it and hope for better with the next Mac mini design.

Crosscreek

macrumors 68030
Nov 19, 2013
Margarittaville
This is the future of the new Mac Mini. It was meant as an entry level Mac and now it is one.

I don't think they are going to move away from the new tamper proof designs regardless of how the enclosure may change which I think it will with Broadwell/Skylake because the enclosure is looking old and tiered.

Any of the Tech sites and forums you visit are discussing the same thing we are but I don't think it will influence Apple any because this low volume product does not warrant great attention. The low volume will get even lower with this release and I don't think that will concern them.

They want you to upgrade to iMacs and Laptops and iPhones and iPads and an Apple Watch just for fun and while your at it add some Beats headphones. :)

crazzapple

Oct 19, 2014
They want you to upgrade to iMacs and Laptops and iPhones and iPads and an Apple Watch just for fun and while your at it add some Beats headphones. :)

I know you're not serious about the Beats headphones, but for people that are looking for nice headphones, they are out there. I like Beyerdynamic... they are made in Germany, by people that are paid a fair living wage. They're well designed and have *replaceable* parts... headband, ear cushions, cables, etc. They even have a bit of a Braun/Dieter Rams look to them.

Or you could by Beats, from apple/Dr Dre: A known woman beater: https://medium.com/@byroncrawford/beatings-by-dr-dre-3c8e62bec8f1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.