Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
It's time to play everyone's favorite game now the Ipad Air 2 is released and people are receiving them. It's a annual event that occurs every time a new iPad is released to the market. The winner is the person who exchanges the most iPad's to get that 'perfect' device. The prize is the perfect device.

Here's the rules:

1) You need to own an iPad Air 2
2) You need to have a discerning eye for detail
3) You need to believe their is a perfect iPad Air 2 out there somewhere
4) You need to spend countless hours reading forums about iPad issues

Last edited:

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I'm just waiting to hear the "my tabs still reload in Safari" comments.

I didn't get an Air 2 so I have no idea if that will still be an issue with 2GB RAM.

Can people select all of those choices in the poll or do they have to select the worst issue :D ?

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
From all the specs & benchmarks that have come out about the Ipad Air2 it would seem that this is the one to get if you want a future proof ipad. Especially since the iPad mini 3 got stuck with the A7 again.

It is funny however that Apple darling Walt Mosberg kinda wasn't impressed at all over the iPad Air 2 in his review.

Whoakapi

Cancelled
May 26, 2010
This thread is going to be good. Btw, the poll is missing the "Book spine shadow" as an option. My current Air 1 has that. And somewhat uneven tint. And a dead pixel.

My hunt for a perfect Air 2 will soon commence.

*sigh*

Charliebird

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
This thread is going to be good. Btw, the poll is missing the "Book spine shadow" as an option. My current Air 1 has that. And somewhat uneven tint. And a dead pixel.

My hunt for a perfect Air 2 will soon commence.

*sigh*

Good point and I'm not finding an option to edit the poll. :(

addictzz

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
We finally come to this phase.

announcement->buzz->waiting game->another buzz->issue discovery->yet another buzz.

mkruck

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Brilliant, and I wish I had thought of this first! :p

iPhone/iPad launch is my favorite time of the year on MacRumors, as I get to witness borderline mental illness rear it's head like clockwork, as some hunt for the smallest imperfection and wail about the injustice of it all. It makes me feel less crazy than I actually am.

I get a new iDevice yearly, and my checklist goes like this:
1. Turn on new iDevice
2. Boots up?
3. Huzzah!!!
4. Use it.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
From all the specs & benchmarks that have come out about the Ipad Air2 it would seem that this is the one to get if you want a future proof ipad. Especially since the iPad mini 3 got stuck with the A7 again.

It is funny however that Apple darling Walt Mosberg kinda wasn't impressed at all over the iPad Air 2 in his review.

I think he was impressed. He just questioned whether this was enough of an upgrade for existing iPad Air users. For everyone else using older tablets, he pretty much recommends this as a great upgrade. And if you don't already have an iPad and/or tablet, this is the one you buy.

Pjrufus

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
How about "my iPad is bending" - obvious.
or "Other" because there will be many "others".

mkruck

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Let's not forget about "light bleed". For those of you new to MR, a typical post went like this:

I have light bleed on my new iPad. Do I have light bleed? OMG, I have light bleed, look at the picture I posted below!!! Is that light bleed? I've been sitting in my closet with the door shut for 6 hours with the brightness cranked all the way up, and I can't tell if I have light bleed. OMG!!! OMG!!! I have light bleed. I'm suing Tim Cook, Jony Ive and Steve Jobs estate!!! Wait...is this light bleed? I can't tell.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Let's not forget about "light bleed". For those of you new to MR, a typical post went like this:

I have light bleed on my new iPad. Do I have light bleed? OMG, I have light bleed, look at the picture I posted below!!! Is that light bleed? I've been sitting in my closet with the door shut for 6 hours with the brightness cranked all the way up, and I can't tell if I have light bleed. OMG!!! OMG!!! I have light bleed. I'm suing Tim Cook, Jony Ive and Steve Jobs estate!!! Wait...is this light bleed? I can't tell.

LMAO! Good one!

aberkati

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Sound vibrations

I'm finding the sound vibrating way to much across the back of the iPad 2 air. I guess that's what we get for such a 'thin' iPad. Might feel better with a cover?

Also, it didn't charge whilst using usb cable to laptop.

Sissyboy

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010

I'm so confused. Are you saying my Air has light bleed? Or that my new Air 2 will?

Should I visit the local Apple Store? Can they help me? Is my iPad salvageable? Will it be ok?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I can't believe there is no "The iPad Air bends when I shove it down my pants and go breakdancing" option.

As for Mossberg, I think he's pissed there was no split screen multitasking. I think that will come in iOS 9. Sure this thing is incredibly fast, but someone like him doesn't give a crap. He wants more innovation in letting the tablet replace your laptop. Being faster is only a part of that equation. I don't blame him as I'd like to see Apple do more to bring the iPad into the realm of serious productivity.

The thing is that this thing benchmarks similar to a 2011 MacBook Air. Now we just need the software to catch up. 2GB of RAM is probably just enough to do some legit image editing. Just don't expect to work with multiple images at a time. We can also now have high-resolution drawing canvases. Just don't expect to be able to use a ton of layers. It's still somewhat restricted compared to something like the MBA which ships with 4GB of RAM standard and has disk caching to a fast SSD, but it will help a lot in everyday tasks like Safari which was honestly my biggest complaint. The iPad is catching up much faster to the MacBooks than the MacBooks can advance on their own, which is pretty crazy to think about. I'm really starting to believe that these low-powered ARM chips with a scalable number of cores could end up making their way into the Mac line. Pop a hex-core A9X into a MBA and suddenly the multicore is benching similar to the first quad-core i7s put in the 2011 15" MacBook Pro, which is way faster than any current MBA, and probably with a lower TDP and battery draw. I really wonder if that fanless MBA with retina display rumor is true, but uses an ARM chip.

addictzz

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
Anybody gotten their iPAd Air 2 can attest to the hollow screen issue? I want to know whether this is at least improved or not in Air 2.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
It only has 2GB ram and the Surface has 4GB ram. Apple is playing catch up and not innovating fast enough. I want to use my iPad as a laptop replacement.

Last edited:

emvath

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2009
It doesn't have a laser to shave down a pencil by 15% or whatever it was. False advertising! Or maybe that was an app? I'll go looking for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.