Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opfreak

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2014
no other company has ever used plus in naming their products before apple. none. Thats how innovative apple is.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Wow. Just wow. Samsung. If I ever jumped to Android, it won't be a phone by this company.

warnerve

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
Well nobody will care about this upgraded version anyway. Still a ****** plastic phone.

wilky76

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
Wigan
Samsung have done this in the past with the the original Galaxy S & the S2 so nothing new.

Also it pretty hard to get hold off you just can't walk into any Store and buy it, as it usually reserved mainly for contracts.

As it stands the Original S5 G900F ect is still the main flagship until next Spring.

tekkt0r

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2014
Wow... Samsung must be pretty nervous about the 6+ sales if they're using the "Plus" moniker.

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
It's almost like Samsung is starting to feel the heat.

Samsung media correspondent: Guys, the IPhone 6 and 6 plus is doing better than we expected.

Samsung exec: Don't worry, operation damage control is underway. Release the S5 plus immediately. That'll show em.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Forgive me from asking.

So I make a mobile phone.

Months later I am able to select a better chip to make my phone even better for my customers.

I fit the new chip, and naturally wish to identify the slightly improved model with a name tweak.

New customers can now choose to bu this improved model.

And according to these forums this is me being bad.

I should, so it seems, 'Do an Apple' and just do nothing, until a full year is up and only then give customers the chance to have something better from me?

You lot do have a strange sense of what's right.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
Forgive me from asking.

Months later I am able to select a better chip to make my phone even better for my customers.

I fit the new chip, and naturally wish to identify the slightly improved model with a name tweak.

I should, so it seems, 'Do an Apple' and just do nothing, until a full year is up and only then give customers the chance to have something better from me?

It's annoying to buy a phone then have an upgrade come out for it soon after.

But this looks like a nice phone and one I would buy if I was into Samsung phones.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Forgive me from asking.

Agreed......If you were going to buy a Galaxy S5 today......which one would you want to buy?
I would opt for the one witht he faster processor or upgraded specs.......
The people that already have a S5 and is under contract for 2 years or financed by their carrier for 18-24 months is not affected. They would not be buying the Galaxy S6 due out next year anyway.
Apple does that same thing.....except they make you wait a year for it......

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
They are trying to grasp at straws cuz the s5 didn't sell as much as expected. The 5s was still outselling it almost a year after it came out. And now they are trying anything. Let's be honest here. Samsung is really reaching now. S5, alpha, A5, now the plus. Lol. Such a mess

imnjs

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
They are trying to grasp at straws cuz the s5 didn't sell as much as expected. The 5s was still outselling it almost a year after it came out. And now they are trying anything. Let's be honest here. Samsung is really reaching now. S5, alpha, A5, now the plus. Lol. Such a mess

All of those models cater to different demographics. Alpha and A5 (as well as the supposed A7) are mid-range phones. Apple followed this strategy with the 5C and had very good results.

And I personally think Samsung is doing the right thing by upping the chips in the current S5 so people don't need to wait a year for the S6 and feel bad because their phone isn't running the latest and greatest.

Seems like they are trying what HTC is doing with the One flagship.

callawayno1

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2013
why is it just 16gb storage in the s5 even in the s5 plus , i hope they change to 32gb for s6 i would by the s5 plus if it has 32gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.