Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
http://www.androidauthority.com/xposed-framework-lollipop-540928/

Good article there.

I am a big fan of Xposed and really use a few modules religiously on every phone; YouTubeAdAway, Greenify, GravityBox. Plus they offer awesome mods for Samsung phones and HTC phones, which allow major tweaks and customization without the need for custom Recovery + ROM.

But with Android 5.0 Lollipop moving to 'Art' full time now, that breaks Xposed and doesn't work. So it needs to be totally redone, which is not an easy task.

IFRIT

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2012
Meh hope he sorts it out as i love xpose, almost all the benefits of a custom ROM but none of the drawbacks.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I will not update my Note 4 to any upcoming Lolipop upgrades if Xposed is not yet compatible.

ecrispy

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2013
There's little hope here. L just breaks too many things and fundamentally affects the way Xposed works, and its just one guy.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
If this is your honest opinion, you have never used it.
How can Xposed framework be not useful?!

I have used it. I've used GravityBox and other tweaks. It was fun at first but then my phone started lagging.

I'm much more of a fan of Custom ROMs. have you seen PAC-ROM or Dirty Unicorns? Damn those ROMs have features for days...

----------

Thanks for the insightful comment...

Sorry, wasn't aware I wasn't allowed to state my opinion.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Xposed is awesome, it's probably one of the 2 or 3 reasons I care about even bothering with Root anymore. With that said though I don't see what the big deal is, times change and technology is upgraded and devs have to deal with it all the time.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
I have not ran xposed yet, because at this point id rather use ART on kit kat, but I can't wait to utilize modules like no ads in the youtube app.

Much rather use xposed with stock stable firmware, than a custom rom. At least from the perspective of my gs4 ge.

It's akin to jailbreak tweaks from cydia for android. good stuff

I bet he will fix it, or someone will

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.