Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamthomasjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
Just picked my iPad Air 2 128gb Gold up after ordering yesterday via Click & Collect at John Lewis. Not seen many other posts on here from user experiences so far, how are we enjoying it?

Looks good to me! :apple:

Attachments

• IMG_2063.jpg
    IMG_2063.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 177
  • IMG_2064.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Mistweaver

Cancelled
Apr 21, 2011
The first with an iPad Air 2? Not by a long shot.

The first to make a silly thread about it. Most definitely. :rolleyes:

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

Silly? It's launch day. What's silly about it? Silly is posting your tracking info, as you seem to have done in the past.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Actually, it is NOT Launch Day. Coming Soon is still Apple's official stance. Some Apple Stores may have them, but it has not launched yet.

However: I am VERY pleased to see your pics and look forward to updates as you start using it. Please continue posting.

adamthomasjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014

Nothing like a warm welcome is there! All I wanted to know were people's first impressions.

Anyway, so far so good for me. Upgraded from iPad Mini Retina 64gb for two reasons a) 64gb just wasn't enough and b) as I've taken up photography again, I felt I'd benefit from the larger screen space for editing etc. Have yet to test for gaming, but I'll get to it.

Safari is definitely snappier in opening additional tabs etc. First obvious benefit of the extra RAM/A8X for me so far.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Silly? It's launch day. What's silly about it? Silly is posting your tracking info, as you seem to have done in the past.

You totally beat me to it. Looking at the post history there, I'd have to say that calling the OP silly is slightly misguided. ;)

OP, how's the newest iPad?

adamthomasjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014

Thanks for the comment - now I don't feel so unwelcome! Long time lurker here, first time poster with this thread.

----------

How's the gold look in real life viewing?

I'll take a pic of the back and upload shortly.

shacky

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2008
The first person I know of. Good for you! I expect mine tomorrow. Do you love it?

marmiteturkey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2005
London
Actually, it is NOT Launch Day. Coming Soon is still Apple's official stance. Some Apple Stores may have them, but it has not launched yet.

However: I am VERY pleased to see your pics and look forward to updates as you start using it. Please continue posting.
Not true, it's just a soft launch - pre-orders, Apple Stores and third parties all have stock and are selling - it's launched, just don't expect the usual fanfare.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Not true, it's just a soft launch - pre-orders, Apple Stores and third parties all have stock and are selling - it's launched, just don't expect the usual fanfare.

Not in my area. I called the Apple Store and they do NOT have stock. Apple Chat is also saying 'coming soon.' No one has confirmed it as launched.

adamthomasjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
The first person I know of. Good for you! I expect mine tomorrow. Do you love it?

Cheers - I've not had much chance to love it yet! But Safari browsing has definitely lost that 'multi-tab lag' (as I called it anyway!). Much snappier.

Still syncing apps/music/videos so can't comment on games etc yet. (I have 128gb to fill...well 118gb in reality!)

I will update as I learn more myself :)

adamthomasjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
You totally beat me to it. Looking at the post history there, I'd have to say that calling the OP silly is slightly misguided. ;)

OP, how's the newest iPad?

So far, so good. I've upgraded from last year's Mini Retina wi-fi, so obviously not a radical change, but I'm definitely glad I'm back with the 9.7inch screen.

I can certainly notice a difference in the screen quality too. Some of the reviews from tech publications say that its almost like images are painted on, and I can second that. My photographs look superb - and as an amateur photographer, this has really validated the purchase for me. Can't wait to get editing on it!

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
You beat me. All I have is a UPS tracking number, to be updated with delivery time later today. It should be here I a day or two.....

My wife and I each bought an Air last November, and I ordered the same color and 128GB as last year. I must be crazy..... :D

tx2005

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
Not in my area. I called the Apple Store and they do NOT have stock. Apple Chat is also saying 'coming soon.' No one has confirmed it as launched.

Same here in TX. I was hoping to grab one today or tomorrow since I'm busy all weekend. Oh well, guess I'll grab one after work Monday.

tx2005

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
So far, so good. I've upgraded from last year's Mini Retina wi-fi, so obviously not a radical change, but I'm definitely glad I'm back with the 9.7inch screen.

I can certainly notice a difference in the screen quality too. Some of the reviews from tech publications say that its almost like images are painted on, and I can second that. My photographs look superb - and as an amateur photographer, this has really validated the purchase for me. Can't wait to get editing on it!

I'm pretty excited about that. I'm coming from an iPad 2, which isn't even a retina display (I think the resolution is 1024x768) so I'm sure the display is going to look amazing to me.

adamthomasjones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2014
Nice shot, but looks like iOS 8.1 still posted picture upside down.

Amateur fail there. If I said it was a desperate attempt to get the photo to you ASAP would you believe me? :roll eyes:

Sorry for all the craned necks out there!

----------

I'm pretty excited about that. I'm coming from an iPad 2, which isn't even a retina display (I think the resolution is 1024x768) so I'm sure the display is going to look amazing to me.

The jump from iPad 2 to this will blow your mind. Seriously.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Actually, the US retail page is also showing the same message.

https://www.apple.com/retail/

It does say "Supplies may be limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis" so I would guess it's worth checking around the stores.

Try to order one and it will say 'coming soon.' I have called both the Apple Store and Best Buy. Neither has stock. Online Apple chat also says 'coming soon.'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.