Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's new iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 have begun hitting retail stores, as we reported earlier, and the tablets are now available for in-store pickup for a limited number of retail locations that have received shipments. It appears that in-store availability is limited to Wi-Fi only tablets at this time.

Many stores on the east coast of the United States are showing wide availability of both tablets as stores receive shipments and unpack boxes. Availability on the west coast is still limited as it is earlier in the day and stores are not yet prepared to begin retail sales.

ipadair2personalpickup-800x520.jpg

Apple store employees appear to be unaware that stores are receiving stock today, as several phone calls placed by MacRumors resulted in responses suggesting the tablets would not arrive in stores until later in the week or early next week.

The iPad Air 2 is still showing shipping estimates of two to four days when ordered online, and some rumors have suggested that supplies are limited, which explains the tablet's quiet in-store release. At announcement, Apple declined to state when the iPad Air 2 and the iPad mini 3 would be available in retail stores.

Apple's iPad mini 3, meanwhile, appears to be available in greater supply, displaying shipping estimates of 24 hours. iPad mini 3 pricing starts at $399 for the entry-level model, while iPad Air 2 pricing starts at $499.

While the iPad mini 3 received only Touch ID and a gold color option, the iPad Air 2 has seen significant updates including a thinner design, a new "gapless" display, an anti-reflective coating, 2GB of RAM, an A8X processor, and an upgraded 8-megapixel camera.

Article Link: iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 Now Available In Stores via Personal Pickup

Cancelled
Nov 8, 2011
I might roll by the local Apple store and see what they look like. All in stock there.

andrewr.0512

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2014
iPad Air 2 Pre-Order

I pre-ordered my iPad Air 2 in Gold 64GB. I just received it and my first impression is "WOW!":apple:

rtdunham

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2003
St. Petersburg, FL, Northern KY
>>"Apple store employees appear to be unaware that stores are receiving stock today..."<<

Two different staffers at the International Mall store in Tampa told me they were in but wouldn't be on the floor til later in the day. They knew. They had the new retina iMac on display, too. (Unfortunately it had no high-res photos on it other than the screen saver, so not able to judge...)

They did a great job answering a couple questions I had about iPhone 6/Yosemite/iOS 8.1 functions. Improved usability for me in several ways.:) A rewarding visit, as usual.

maclove4life

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
hmm ic ic...shouldn't this be like iPhone 6/plus? make it more availability?
i don't think iPad is selling as much as iPad 1-2/

----------

the iPad hype is over, its a declining business

i love iPad...but yes...probably business people/medical people might still use it...

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
I pre-ordered my iPad Air 2 in Gold 64GB. I just received it and my first impression is "WOW!":apple:

Thanks - picking up this up right now - Just gazelled my Air and only have to come up with 250 out of pocket.

Thanks Apple for having such a high resale value.

----------

hmm ic ic...shouldn't this be like iPhone 6/plus? make it more availability?
i don't think iPad is selling as much as iPad 1-2/

----------

i love iPad...but yes...probably business people/medical people might still use it...

Sure - if only this was a 20 billion dollar business. oh wait..:p

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Does anyone know what retailers in the US will have stock today? Going to go check after work.

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
So, the iPhone 6 had Call Gate and Bend Gate.

ApplePay had Pay Gate.

The Mac Mini had the Down Gate.

I wonder what will be the iPad's thing. Battery Gate?

maclove4life

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Thanks - picking up this up right now - Just gazelled my Air and only have to come up with 250 out of pocket.

Thanks Apple for having such a high resale value.

----------

Sure - if only this was a 20 billion dollar business. oh wait..:p

lol.

Mufasa804

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009
Apple Store in Chicago (Michigan Ave) has confirmed stock! No cellular models as of yet though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.