Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

claimed4all

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Parents upgraded their new iphone 6s to iOS 8.1. One phone now shows the plug into iTunes image. They don't have/nor access to a computer running the latest version of iTunes to fix the issue.

I plan on driving over there this weekend with my imac to correct.

In the meantime, can they pull the sim out of the 6 and drop it into their 4S that they still have and get a working cell phone until I can fix it.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Verizon 4S' don't use SIM cards to connect to Verizon. They will need to activate it like a standard CDMA only device.

tzd

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2011
California
Even if the SIM card works, the iPhone 6 has a nano-SIM while the 4S uses a micro-SIM which is larger in size. So the iPhone 6 SIM card would not fit into 4S without an adapter tray.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Even if the SIM card works, the iPhone 6 has a nano-SIM while the 4S uses a micro-SIM which is larger in size. So the iPhone 6 SIM card would not fit into 4S without an adapter tray.

Oh yeah, we all forgot about the obvious one.
Size matters:D
But even if they did cut it down to nanosim size it will still wont work for the above reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.