Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MGTR420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Does anyone else's new iPad like shake or vibrates towards the bottom. My old iPad air never had this issue. Thinking it's due to how thin it is. Anyone else? Loving this new iPad otherwise. You really notice the weight difference and thinness. :D

ReallyNiceGuy

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone else's new iPad like shake or vibrates towards the bottom. My old iPad air never had this issue. Thinking it's due to how thin it is. Anyone else? Loving this new iPad otherwise. You really notice the weight difference and thinness. :D

Is this shaking a deal breaker? Would you consider returning it because of this issue?

MGTR420

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Is this shaking a deal breaker? Would you consider returning it because of this issue?

To be honest, yes. It's actually really annoying. I'm thinking the smart case will solve this issue, but hate cases on the iPad.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I noticed this on my iPhone 6. The area near the speaker vibrates much more noticeably. It hasn't bothered me after the first day.

addictzz

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2012
everybody talks about the vibration issue. Last time iPad Air has this hollow feel in the screen, does Air 2 still exhibit the same problem?

ninaco

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
VA
There's definitely vibration, and it's not pleasant. I've got music playing at about 50% volume. (Country - not something heavy on bass.). I'm not holding iPad, but can feel the vabrations on the screen as I type.

Now, normally I wouldn't listen to music w/out a Bluetooth speaker or headphones. But, the sound from the iPad isnt half bad. MUCH better than my ipad 3.

Was this an attribute of the original Air, or new with the Air 2?

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I can feel some vibration when it up loud, but once I put it in a case this was no longer bothersome. Long as it doesn't rattle which I've never experienced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.