Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2002
New England
Why is it that any color other than space grey has a white face? I think a gold iPad with a black face would be awesome! I can't stand the white face so i will always buy space grey.

Reactions: Yr Blues

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
If you had the money you could buy both colors and get a tech to swap the bodies. Sell the other one on eBay as "very rare".

yinz

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2012
You're just going to put a case on it. Just get a gold case. Get some gold stickers to highlight the touch ID

ipadlvr

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2014
iPad-5-gold-1.jpg

Reactions: Yr Blues

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 6, 2002
New England
The buy your air 2 from colorware.com

----------

Or West Point

no i'm not. actually i'm a dallas cowboys fan. i just think with the colors they use they should offer gold with black face. it looks sharp and they have the parts right there

----------

colorer charges $349 to change the color. FORGET THAT!

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Despite that picture, holding a gold one right now, the color comes off more rose/copper. And not as rich, very light or subtly muted looking. While not what I expected, it's not too flashy as I feared and the warmth of the color is a bit more pleasing to the eye than pure silver, gray. Not sure how black would compliment it.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I think black and gold would look really good. Most pictures of black and gold look bad because they're using the wrong gold– yellow gold. I did a quick photoshop a few weeks ago to see how it would look in the lineup. Of course, a black and gold iPhone would eventually make for a black and gold iPad.
phones1_zps6395e314.jpg

I'm expecting Apple to do something with the exterior of the 6s, and it's probably going to be some color option because it's the most consumer facing difference. I was imagining how it would be if they only offered two metal finishes: Gold and Silver, with a choice of either white or black fronts. It would let them offer 4 instead of 3 colors, but actually simplifying production. In addition to the new black and gold, there will be the black and silver, a classic iPhone look that matches the computers.

jayiw

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2012
I think black and gold would look really good. Most pictures of black and gold look bad because they're using the wrong gold– yellow gold. I did a quick photoshop a few weeks ago to see how it would look in the lineup. Of course, a black and gold iPhone would eventually make for a black and gold iPad.
I'm expecting Apple to do something with the exterior of the 6s, and it's probably going to be some color option because it's the most consumer facing difference. I was imagining how it would be if they only offered two metal finishes: Gold and Silver, with a choice of either white or black fronts. It would let them offer 4 instead of 3 colors, but actually simplifying production. In addition to the new black and gold, there will be the black and silver, a classic iPhone look that matches the computers.
Man that Black/Gold iP6 looks amazing!

loox

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2011
Why is it that any color other than space grey has a white face? I think a gold iPad with a black face would be awesome! I can't stand the white face so i will always buy space grey.

The Diana Ross edition.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
You're not trying hard enough.

I know, but I wanted to share my opinion on it. I'm surprised Apple doesn't offer a black model since people would like. Just because I think it's tacky doesn't mean thousands/millions more wouldn't love it.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Gross. I mean really gross. I want another black option but not gold. Maybe copper or steel or some other metallic type color.

Last edited:

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012

That gold and black ip6 looks amazing. Can you do a cobalt blue ip6 Photoshop? There were rumors of the cobalt blue color but I don't know why it didn't happen. Would love to see how cobalt blue would look like with a white and black front.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 149
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.