Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgbr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Hello

I currently have a dell U2713H monitor with gaming pc (780GTX AC SC) and my retina 15inch Macbook pro plugged into it.

I am loving the quality of the apple screen and yet I run it one resolution above retina on it. I recently found menus look fussy on the dell monitor compared to the laptop.

I am wanting to join the 4k /retina Club yet have a screen with hi pixel density and preferable AdobeRGB support. This leads me to believe I need an IPS Screen? Prefer something 27inchs but open to ideas.

What monitors would people recommend if any!? Thanks

grandM

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2013
Hello

I currently have a dell U2713H monitor with gaming pc (780GTX AC SC) and my retina 15inch Macbook pro plugged into it.

I am loving the quality of the apple screen and yet I run it one resolution above retina on it. I recently found menus look fussy on the dell monitor compared to the laptop.

I am wanting to join the 4k /retina Club yet have a screen with hi pixel density and preferable AdobeRGB support. This leads me to believe I need an IPS Screen? Prefer something 27inchs but open to ideas.

What monitors would people recommend if any!? Thanks
you ought to hook up your u2713h to your macbook and run the patch. I switched too and my screen is NOT fussy at all. I also have the dell u2713h...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.