Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
UK
My Mac (Yosemite) can see my iPhone 6+ (iOS8.1) in the Airdrop window.

When I drag a file onto the iPhone icon, it says "waiting" underneath.

Then I get a message that iPhone rejected the request.

But nothing happened on the iPhone to enable me to accept.

Happens with both my Macs (between which Airdrop works)

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 06.19.31.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 06.19.31.png
    426.3 KB · Views: 1,419

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
Airdrop in its current state is pretty much unusable.

- If I go to Airdrop in the Finder it takes about 1 minute and 30 seconds for my iPhone 6 to appear.

- Then if I drop something on it, it says "waiting" for about 2 minutes.

- After that, it either fails with "rejected"... or I get the signal tone on my iPhone 6, but it takes another 30 seconds for the picture to appear that I send.

Its INSANELY SLOW. Just unusable and unreliable.

SO SAD about that and I don't get it because Handoff works with out any problems instantly.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Thanks for confirmation.

It did actually work just now at the 10th attempt. Did nothing different from previous attempts. There was no accept or reject on the iPhone, just three short beeps and then it transferred.

StevenWalker

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
5S and both iMac and Macbookair - lightning fast and working perfectly in both directions.

Maybe you have setup issues.

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
I don't know anybody with an iPhone 6, who is able to use Airdrop without problems.

JWorld127

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
I am able to send files from my rMBP to my Iphone 6 plus but I am not able to send anything from my iphone to my mac? My mac doesnt even show up in the airdrop bar when I go to share?

Also if you are sending music from your mac to your iphone you need to download a special app that can open it?

Seems like Apple left out alot of information as to how it actually works when they announced it.

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I've had no problem using Airdrop between my 6+ and my Mac Mini. It's very fast and works without any issues.

I would go through all of the normal troubleshooting steps: Restart, turn off airdrop, making sure both devices are setup the same (contacts/everyone), etc and see if that helps. It should not be taking minutes for it to work. Airdrop works quickly, in a matter of seconds.

Naaaaak

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2010
I'm also experiencing issues with Airdrop.

I wish they'd stop adding features and make the ones they have actually work.

matthewadams

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
It's always a bit difficult when the iPhone rejects connections. The only route you can go is "Reset all Network Settings" (which is a pain in the ass, but solves most Handoff/Airdrop related issues).

Shaunaidan

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2015
I had issues with my iPhone6+ where it would not airdrop photos to my friends iPhone 6. It would show "waiting" stage then to "reject" whilst she had not rejected the airdrop.
So it rebooted my phone by holding the HOME button simultaneously pressing the OFF/ ON button (top right hand side); started with the OFF/ ON button (top right hand side). Airdropped works great now!
Suggest to reboot more often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.