Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
Soooooooo i just sold my 5s and bought Iphone 6 with Apple leather case :p

And im wondering if you think it would be possible to take off and put on the leather case o couple of times, like once a day for example, without being able to spot any wear and tear on the edges?

Im asking about wear because its not like you can just open up the case, and take the phone out. No, you have to kinda snap it out and snap it back in again. And those edges and/or corners snapping in and out would eventually cause some wear.

The inside lined with felt would protect the back of the phone, so there wont be any scratches. But the edges of the case are stiff and im thinking they can cause wear on the edges of the phone everytime you snap it in and out. :):eek:

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
I've had Apple's leather case on my 6+ for about a month now and there hasn't been any scuffing on my phone or any scratches on the phone from the case. I've taken the phone out probably 4 times since I've had it.

avital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2014
Wow! I cant believe that, the phone must be really durable then!
But the edges of the case are stiff and im thinking they can cause wear on the edges of the phone everytime you snap it in and out.

I mean the edges (and upper or lower corner) snapping in and out would eventually cause some wear. Even if you are careful, you still have to slowly snap it out and in for the case to come on and off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.