Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I just upgraded my Google+ account to 100GB storage for $20 / year and I'm backing up to Google+ all my photos & videos from all my idevices. For seemless integration I'd like to stay with iCloud except for the following facts. What do you all think?...

-- Google+ has WAY more features, ie. for sharing, commenting, version control, etc.
-- Google+ seems, dare I say, much more platform agnostic and open. Apple seems to want to lock you to their "devices" instead of focusing on a great web-based experience.
-- iCloud Photos & Video is still marked as Beta.. and it's obvious why.
-- Google+ storage prices are much lower than iCloud.

Last edited:

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
I think you answered your own question. I've been using Google plus for photo back up on my android and iPhone for quite some time. And although it doesn't offer of the same level of integration as Apple's solution, it definitely has more functionality and is not as buggy as iCloud photo library is right now.

xmlninja

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2010
I have high expactations for icloud photo library. Ive been loning for it for years, tried out adobe revel etc but the missing level of integration was always a bummer. Thats why I wont go the google+ road. Ill keep my patience and look forward for the new photos app for os x next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.