Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Misskitty

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
im interested in the N9 and still considering selling my air in favour of it. But My dilemma is that my phone now is 6.4" screen, and the N9 is only 2.5" bigger. Is it worth $450 for a device thats only 2.5" larger than my phone? That im not sure.

For instance, now that i have a 6.4" phone, i would never buy an ipad mini again cause for me its not worth $400 on a device only 1.5" larger.

Or who knows maybe i can just sell my ipad air and just use my phone and 13" macbook pro.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
im interested in the N9 and still considering selling my air in favour of it. But My dilemma is that my phone now is 6.4" screen, and the N9 is only 2.5" bigger. Is it worth $450 for a device thats only 2.5" larger than my phone? That im not sure.

For instance, now that i have a 6.4" phone, i would never buy an ipad mini again cause for me its not worth $400 on a device only 1.5" larger.

Or who knows maybe i can just sell my ipad air and just use my phone and 13" macbook pro.

2.5" is a big difference when you are really talking about anything under 10". Not to mention the battery will be better on a tablet vs a phone.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
You could look at it this way - how does the iPad work along with the Z Ultra? Because the N9 is only 0.8" smaller than the iPad air you're already using, that's not a huge difference given that tablet category.

chasonstone

macrumors 6502
Dec 24, 2010
Kentucky

My Experience:
I had an iPad Mini (7.9) with an iPhone 5 (4) and I used both alot and I loved each.
I purchased an iPhone 6+ (5.5) and my usage of the Mini (7.9) dropped to virtually never.
I replaced my iPad Mini (7.9) with an iPad Air 2 (9.7) and still have a 5.5 inch iPhone and I now use both alot and love each.

I learned the Mini was simply to close in size to my 6+ and I just never really went to pick it up as it didn't offer a big enough benefit. But when I jumped up to the 9.7 inch iPad I started using my iPad again.

Everyone is different, but if I were in your shoes I probably wouldn't pick up an 8.9 inch tablet much if I already had a 6.4 inch phone.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
My Experience:
I had an iPad Mini (7.9) with an iPhone 5 (4) and I used both alot and I loved each.
I purchased an iPhone 6+ (5.5) and my usage of the Mini (7.9) dropped to virtually never.
I replaced my iPad Mini (7.9) with an iPad Air 2 (9.7) and still have a 5.5 inch iPhone and I now use both alot and love each.

I learned the Mini was simply to close in size to my 6+ and I just never really went to pick it up as it didn't offer a big enough benefit. But when I jumped up to the 9.7 inch iPad I started using my iPad again.

Everyone is different, but if I were in your shoes I probably wouldn't pick up an 8.9 inch tablet much if I already had a 6.4 inch phone.

Back from the dead....I'm sure she appreciates the feedback 2 years later. (sorry, had to realize this was coming :p;))

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Yeah, I actually hate seeing Android or non-iOS related threads on the front page as it means we can't dicuss it without sifting through hundreds of stereotypical rants from Apple fanatics.

Reactions: Fernandez21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.