Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
The Touch ID on my iPhone 6 randomly stops working until I reboot. Until then, it won't recognize that any finger is present over the sensor, no matter how often I tap the sensor. My fingers aren't wet or dirty. Is this typical?

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
This is the first time I've heard of such a problem from anyone. Might want to get an exchange, or at least have it checked out at the Genius Bar. I've heard of Touch ID not being able to identify fingers, but not sensing their presence is another thing.

Cscottrun

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
The Touch ID on my iPhone 6 randomly stops working until I reboot. Until then, it won't recognize that any finger is present over the sensor, no matter how often I tap the sensor. My fingers aren't wet or dirty. Is this typical?

I have this problem as well but I don't need to reboot. Just need to enter my passcode. It's work again after that.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Testing it some more. So far, it seems to only happen when plugged in. Could there be cable interference? Third party mfi cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.