Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
why he got cellular data version is beyond me.

he must be rich to buy a more expensive iPad and just bend it.

Nismo73

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2013
He thinks he can make more money off the youtube hits than what it cost for the iPad. Jerk.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
He thinks he can make more money off the youtube hits than what it cost for the iPad. Jerk.
It's just retarded though..... Of course it will bend of given enough pressure. Guess what I can probably bend my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with enough pressure as well along with a Samsung Galaxy tab s 10.5. It is basically impossible to bend a iPad in normal circumstances.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002

Only if he doesn't get enough hits to go in the black. Otherwise it's genius. But not a great businessman for buying a cellular model.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
Only if he doesn't get enough hits to go in the black. Otherwise it's genius. But not a great businessman for buying a cellular model.

i think you need about a million to get 20 grand from the last time i heard.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
i think you need about a million to get 20 grand from the last time i heard.

If that's the case he should be at break even before the end of the day. He's almost there now unless he was a total dolt and bought something other than the 16GB model.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
If that's the case he should be at break even before the end of the day. He's almost there now unless he was a total dolt and bought something other than the 16GB model.

but i don't believe you get any money until you hit a million

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I watched the video on mute as I'm at work, he doesn't have a London accent does he? Looks like he would.

Seriously though, the thing is damn flexible. You couldn't do that with an iPad the pre-Air designs, I reckon. Given the flex and the vibrations from the speakers, I strongly suspect they've made the aluminium thinner.

----------

Not sure if serious, but if it's an accident, yes. However, when you blast it to the world that you did it on purpose, probably not.

Easy to get around that though - just get somebody else to do the purchase.

ipadlvr

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2014
I watched the video on mute as I'm at work, he doesn't have a London accent does he? Looks like he would.

Seriously though, the thing is damn flexible. You couldn't do that with an iPad the pre-Air designs, I reckon. Given the flex and the vibrations from the speakers, I strongly suspect they've made the aluminium thinner.

----------

Easy to get around that though - just get somebody else to do the purchase.

There are other guys applying a more reasonable amount of pressure and they couldn't bend it.

One was a more professional reviewer and another video is some guy at his house.

Under every day use it isn't going to bend.

If you need a tablet that can withstand that amount if force then get a Toughpad

big.jpg

Jsameds

Suspended
Apr 22, 2008
Wow, stuff breaks if you abuse it.

I never knew that before. Mind blowing stuff....

conan-kun

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2010
Ohio, USA
Not sure if serious, but if it's an accident, yes. However, when you blast it to the world that you did it on purpose, probably not.

I was half serious... I guess I was thinking if it was covered (not sure how he will describe to the Apple Store how it happened), the deductible would be the same regardless if it was the Cellular version or not.

Pelea

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
I've got a few videos with under 10,000 views and have seen some bucks from them. But I'm not even at $100 yet, and you can't cash-out until $100 from what I gather. But I could be wrong.

do you really get $10'000 just from 1mil views?

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Absolutely ****ing ridiculous. Unfortunately for Apple this crap about bending is not going away any time soon with jerks like this willing to break something just for clicks. Shameful really. Given enough motivation anything can be bent or broken.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.