Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
"Available for pickup:

Visit an Apple Retail Store."

So, I have no way of knowing stock unless I go to the store...

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
It won't allow me to choose a store. After I place in cart the message becomes:

available to ship: 2-4 business days
Available for pickup: Coming Soon

I have a store favorite setup. And there are about 5 stores within a 15 miles radius...

iF34R

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2011
South Carolina
It won't allow me to choose a store. After I place in cart the message becomes:

available to ship: 2-4 business days
Available for pickup: Coming Soon

I have a store favorite setup. And there are about 5 stores within a 15 miles radius...

The "coming soon" should be a clue.

Sketchr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Yeah maybe...later today. I've just been seeing that message for a few days and am getting anxious :cool:

Sledguyry

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
No Apple store Instore pickup for LTE model today?

I'm guessing stores will have stock today. I plan to stop by when they open around 10:00.

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Edit: my local Apple Store has LTE models as I predicted they would

It went from "coming soon" to "visit Apple Store "

Probably because today is the day they start getting LTE shipments

Last edited:

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
I just got confirmation that my local Apple Store does have iPad Air 2 LTE units in stock. We are a relatively medium sized city with one Apple Store, so I'd imagine most will get getting supply today.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
I think I'm going to bail on my AT&T preorder and see if I can get one at Apple.

That's what I'd do. I learned a couple years ago to never go with the carriers if you can help it. They are more often than not completely incompetent, plus Apple always sends more stock faster to the Apple Stores than the carrier stores.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012
Going to head over to my Apple Store at lunch - but really wish I could see if they had stock before I did.

Try giving them a call, they may be in the process of inventorying them and that's why they aren't showing up online yet. Like I stated above, I did get confirmation my Apple Store has them in stock and am awaiting my reservation to be texted to me. I'd assume, looking at past iPad launches, every Apple Store will be receiving some today.

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Try giving them a call, they may be in the process of inventorying them and that's why they aren't showing up online yet. Like I stated above, I did get confirmation my Apple Store has them in stock and am awaiting my reservation to be texted to me. I'd assume, looking at past iPad launches, every Apple Store will be receiving some today.

Did it show up for you online as available for pickup? Every store within 250 miles of here shows "Unavailable for Pickup" for all LTE models. All Wifi models do show as in-stock.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Did it show up for you online as available for pickup? Every store within 250 miles of here shows "Unavailable for Pickup" for all LTE models. All Wifi models do show as in-stock.

It's showing "unavailable" for me as well. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

GBR

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2012

No, my company works with the Apple Store business reps and I had emailed him to let me know when they had LTE Air 2 stock, he emailed me this morning and said they do have stock today. However, it still shows online that stock is unavailable and I haven't received my reservation he's sending over yet. I'm sure within the next couple hours they will have the online store updated.

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I see it as available now in all Long Island stores and NY.

They are now showing in stock at all stores around me, but they weren't when I was in-store to purchase. I wonder if they went live at 1pm eastern to coincide with store opening time on the west coast.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
All stores in Vegas have it. I was even able to cancel my online order as it didn't ship yet!

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
I checked this afternoon and now all the Apple stores in central Texas are showing stock. Just ordered my iPad Air 2 gold 64gb LTE. :) Picking up after work.

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
My local Apple store opens in 4 minutes, and a quick check shows they have LTE in stock :) I know where I'm going after work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.