Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarlboroLite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
the 13 colonies
Am I the only person experiencing a non-stop reloading of Safari webpages with that message at the top saying it didn't load right, until after 5 refreshes it crashes the page totally displaying the link in a gray window?

This is happening regardless of whether I reboot, respring or whatever. It actually seemed to deteriorate throughout the day getting worse and worse. It is simply unusable now.

Ericbe59

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2013
I had something very similar happen. Safari wouldn't load pages right, then a message saying error in loading page. Some pages wouldn't load at all. I had to restore my iPhone 5s.

Gmcube

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
As tempted as I am to jailbreak asap, its things like that that make me want to wait a week.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
the 6.

a known issue? occurring by (bad) luck of the draw?

http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/

Summary of Pangu for iOS 8.x (@PanguTeam): it's mostly just for developers right now.
It doesn't include Cydia by default.
Some people who have manually installed Cydia say that iOS freezes while booting if you have a passcode enabled.
Some people report that quick photo access for sending photos via iMessage doesn't work.
A few people report that Safari stops loading pages.
Some compatible tweaks.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
This JB is not fully baked. I would restore to normal and wait for Saurik and Pangu team to work out the bugs. Then we have to wait for any of the tweaks we like to use to be updated.

A few weeks. Could be sooner.

It's going to be a while people. Just wait and it will be much smoother.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Known jailbreak issue that Pangu is working on fixing as per their latest Tweet. ( Among other fixes)

This is not a jailbreak issue. Many many people reporting this bug on stock devices, going as far back as a few weeks.

Antgb84

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
This is not a jailbreak issue. Many many people reporting this bug on stock devices, going as far back as a few weeks.

Can confirm also that the Pangu jbreak did more damage than good especially in its early stages of development it also broke my Safari right after I jbroke so beware it wouldn't even load a page properly so I reverted back to stock.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Can confirm also that the Pangu jbreak did more damage than good especially in its early stages of development it also broke my Safari right after I jbroke so beware it wouldn't even load a page properly so I reverted back to stock.

This is not a Pangu issue.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
What does jail breaking offer that ios doesn't these days?

A huge amount. Adblocking (Safari and iAds). Information about your battery. Alternate methods to display the battery. Ability to customise the dock. Ability to change the colour of the OS to any colour you want instead of white. Ability to dim the screen and remove the blue glow from it at night. Ability to use the Messages in Facebook app. Ability to hide 70+ annoyances on the Springboard - in Notification Centre; Control Centre; Status Bar; Lock Screen; Messages/Music/Camera/Safari applications. Ability to manage the root filesystem. Ability to remove tracking from Facebook app. Ability to modify the Status bar with pertinent information (Date, Weather, etc). Ability to modify the keyboard to be MUCH better on the STOCK Apple keyboard. Ability to use gestures to dismiss applications/switch through them.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
A huge amount. Adblocking (Safari and iAds). Information about your battery. Alternate methods to display the battery. Ability to customise the dock. Ability to change the colour of the OS to any colour you want instead of white. Ability to dim the screen and remove the blue glow from it at night. Ability to use the Messages in Facebook app. Ability to hide 70+ annoyances on the Springboard - in Notification Centre; Control Centre; Status Bar; Lock Screen; Messages/Music/Camera/Safari applications. Ability to manage the root filesystem. Ability to remove tracking from Facebook app. Ability to modify the Status bar with pertinent information (Date, Weather, etc). Ability to modify the keyboard to be MUCH better on the STOCK Apple keyboard. Ability to use gestures to dismiss applications/switch through them.

That and also hundreds of many more added uses and features that your stock ios device is not allowed to do.
But again, its not a walk in the park and its not for everyone IMO.
You have to do some leg work yourself. Research and find out what packages work, how well they do, do they have bugs or other issues, are they compatible with your device, with your ios version, do they conflict with other installed stuff, are they from a well known dev that will stick around and fix stuff or will just take your money and run instead or keep putting out crappy hacks and never update them etc....
I see people installing everything they find on cydia and after 87 hacks installed they wonder why there's glitches and what package is causing a crash or other bugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.