Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010
I bought an wifi model online without Apple care and then exchanged it for the cellular model I store. I contemplated buying Apple care but wanted to see how much square trade is. The guy said I had to buy it in store is that true ? Can I just buy it online ?

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 13, 2010

RedRallyeZ

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2010
So I can use it even though I bought my iPad at the store? Great. Idk why guy told me I had to go all the way back there lol. Only reason why I went there was because it's open 24/7 . The one near me is in soho and usually more empty then that one

i just tried to buy it via the online store and i get an error message stating that I have to have an iPad in my cart as well to buy AppleCare from the online store.

I have always heard the same thing, that you must buy the AppleCare instore because the reps have to check your phone or iPad for damage. it looks like that is still the case.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
i just tried to buy it via the online store and i get an error message stating that I have to have an iPad in my cart as well to buy AppleCare from the online store.

I have always heard the same thing, that you must buy the AppleCare instore because the reps have to check your phone or iPad for damage. it looks like that is still the case.

That's really odd, event he site itself says you have 60 days. Oh well, guess you just have to do it over the phone or in-store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.