Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Hello,

despite posting this on 'mac rumours', i also use a site called 9to5mac,

9to5 sends me push notifications on yosemite/mav to my notification bar, and banners appear to my right , for me to either close or view an open.

is their a way to get macrumours to do the same ?

many thanks

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
First open Safari preferences and check the box at the bottom left of this tab.

oq7nWtT.png

https://www.macrumors.com

Now go to the main page at this link and you should see this popup.

NRGuAwE.png

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
First open Safari preferences and check the box at the bottom left of this tab.

https://www.macrumors.com

Now go to the main page at this link and you should see this popup.

See here:
https://www.macrumors.com/push/

Found by googling: macrumors push notification

thanks for quick replies, i have this enabled, but have never seen one push notification from them, nothing ever, does anybody else get them, or is it something the website doesn't do maybe ?

thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 21.45.03.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-25 at 21.45.03.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 85

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
thanks for quick replies, i have this enabled, but have never seen one push notification from them, nothing ever, does anybody else get them, or is it something the website doesn't do maybe ?

thanks

Try the fix from this post.

I don't have it enabled, so can't verify if MR has been sending these out lately. Maybe somebody else can jump in. I have not seen any complaints about it stopping though.

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Try the fix from this post.

I don't have it enabled, so can't verify if MR has been sending these out lately. Maybe somebody else can jump in. I have not seen any complaints about it stopping though.

hi, thanks for this, just read through briefly,

if i was to reset it, would it remove my buttons, bookmarks, homepage, everything I've custom created ?

thankyou

----------

if i was to reset it, would it remove my buttons, bookmarks, homepage, everything I've custom created ?

thankyou

and also, will it erase my usernames and passwords for each individual website , and would i have to manually add therm all again do you think ?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
I don't have it enabled, so can't verify if MR has been sending these out lately. Maybe somebody else can jump in.

I have been getting regular notifications - right up until last night. I am guessing that there just have not been any today.

A.

stuartrozier

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
I have been getting regular notifications - right up until last night. I am guessing that there just have not been any today.

A.

Hello, saw your reply,

I've had my mac a couple months, mac-rumours was the first push not i enabled, but never had a notification from them, recently added 9to5mac, and get daily banners from them.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

thankyou

----------

and also, will it erase my usernames and passwords for each individual website , and would i have to manually add therm all again do you think ?

That reset will not remove your bookmarks or passwords. Those are stored separately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.