Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farme

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I had my red silicone case for about a month now, and today, when putting the iPhone in, one of the bottom corners just chipped.

2ut1bpu.jpg

Guess it's because the case itself isn't silicone, but only the top layer. Because to me it feels like the case has a hard plastic frame which is covered in silicone. And it seems like this silicone layer can come off. Still i will have it replaced at the Apple Store tomorrow and hope it won't happen again.

Anyone else has this happen to her/him?

Lockon

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Saw this same issue on the display silicone case at an Apple Store. Still bought one though. There is a year warranty.

RByers8252

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
My red leather case has a very similar mark in the same exact spot on my 6+. I don't think they're designed to be taken on and off but I do it at least once or twice a week and I think it wears the corners out.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
Same on my case.
Same place.
I think my fingernail chipped it taking off case
I may try exchanging.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
Happened to me within 14 days so I took it back, my second case is still perfect after a week or so. Granted I take it off a lot more carefully now instead of just ripping it off. For the record both of my cases were red, and I take it off everyday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.