Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cesoca

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
Brazil
I have a mac mini server with 2 partitions. The first houses Mac OSX Yosemite, the second Mac OSX 10.6.8. I use the late only to play Mahjong from double, and keep changing start up disks frequently. Well, I upgrade to Yosemite and after that went back to the 10.6.8. To my surprise, I can't go back anymore because OS Yosemite doesn't appear as start up disk in that startup disk preference in System preferences. Trying to boot while pressing option key doesn't work also. What could I do to fix this problem?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have a mac mini server with 2 partitions. The first houses Mac OSX Yosemite, the second Mac OSX 10.6.8. I use the late only to play Mahjong from double, and keep changing start up disks frequently. Well, I upgrade to Yosemite and after that went back to the 10.6.8. To my surprise, I can't go back anymore because OS Yosemite doesn't appear as start up disk in that startup disk preference in System preferences. Trying to boot while pressing option key doesn't work also. What could I do to fix this problem?

The Yosemite install likely turned that volume into a core storage volume and SL can't see it. Do a command-r boot to Yosemite recovery and from there select Yosemite as the startup volume under the Apple menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.