Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whsbuss

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
A day after updating to Yosemite on late-2011 MBP I answered a call from my IP6 and was impressed by how well it worked and sounded. Then a few days later (after using headphones) any incoming/outgoing FaceTime audio calls has static/popping/crackling on the right side speaker on the Mac.

I have been able to temporarily fix it by (in Terminal):

sudo killall coreaudiod

However when you use headphones after this the audio issue returns. I did submit a feedback report to Apple (on the Apple discussions someone said Apple is aware of the issue).

Just wanted to share for those who may encounter this.

cosminsel

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
Canada
I think I've been experiencing this. I'd be listening to music with headphones, receive a FaceTime call on my mid-2010 MBP, unplug my headphones, and then hear crackling. I couldn't hear the person on the other end and likewise they couldn't hear me.

I'll try your fix next time.

gpspad

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2014
I have the same problem with hand-off; between the calls not going through the first time, to poor sound quality. Its a great idea, it just doesn't work.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
wow, I'll try this instead of restarting the Mac next time. We FT a lot with my parents (well my children do) and this is a major annoyance since upgrading my wifes Mac to 10.10.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.