Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Forums seem to be filled with people who ordered directly through Apple and most have seemed to gotten theirs. I posted this on another thread, so it seems Apple is plenty stocked:

So my question is, has anyone received an iPad Air 2 yet from an AT&T pre-order? I am a former AT&T employee, so my best friend is still employed with the company. She informs me that they don't even have any stock to sell in the backroom yet so at least they're not neglecting pre-order people like the iPhone 6/6+ mess.

My ship dates still remain unchanged at "Preparing to Ship - 11/3/14 through 11/7/14" but it would be nice to have them sooner, considering every Apple Store within 100 miles has them in plentiful stock.

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
Buy one from Apple Store and return the one you ordered from AT&T or maybe just cancel the order if it hasn't shipped.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Buy one from Apple Store and return the one you ordered from AT&T or maybe just cancel the order if it hasn't shipped.

Bought it on AT&T Next. Like my iPhone 6, I did it on AT&T Next and then when my 5s sold on Craigslist, I took the money and paid the installment off immediately. It's like an interest free credit card. But anyway, I also want her to get the commission credit for doing an add a line to my account with an AT&T Next so as impatient as I am, I don't mind waiting for that reason.

Just putting my feelers out there with this thread. Seeing if anyone has had any movement past "Preparing to Ship."

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Mine says ship date oct 27- oct 31st, I ordered Monday the 20th. Still says preparing to ship

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
Bought it on AT&T Next. Like my iPhone 6, I did it on AT&T Next and then when my 5s sold on Craigslist, I took the money and paid the installment off immediately. It's like an interest free credit card. But anyway, I also want her to get the commission credit for doing an add a line to my account with an AT&T Next so as impatient as I am, I don't mind waiting for that reason.

Just putting my feelers out there with this thread. Seeing if anyone has had any movement past "Preparing to Ship."

Mines says 11/03-11/07 ship and at pre order processing, just been amusing myself reading post from other people who are amazed how great the iPad Air 2 is, we should get some movement at least by the end of this week.

Gooberton

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Forums seem to be filled with people who ordered directly through Apple and most have seemed to gotten theirs. I posted this on another thread, so it seems Apple is plenty stocked:
[url=http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/631/BAc05s.png]Image[/URL]

So my question is, has anyone received an iPad Air 2 yet from an AT&T pre-order? I am a former AT&T employee, so my best friend is still employed with the company. She informs me that they don't even have any stock to sell in the backroom yet so at least they're not neglecting pre-order people like the iPhone 6/6+ mess.

My ship dates still remain unchanged at "Preparing to Ship - 11/3/14 through 11/7/14" but it would be nice to have them sooner, considering every Apple Store within 100 miles has them in plentiful stock.

I just checked, mine SHIPPED!! It was preparing to ship 2 hours ago still :)

----------

Mines says 11/03-11/07 ship and at pre order processing, just been amusing myself reading post from other people who are amazed how great the iPad Air 2 is, we should get some movement at least by the end of this week.

Says picked up Sunday 4:37pm in Texas shioped overnight. Deliveres Tuesday by 8pm

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
So it looks like the shipping estimates were pretty accurate. Guess us 11/03-11/07 people will see them ship in about a week. Damn.

dbdynsty25

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2008
Thousand Oaks, CA
My 64gb Space Grey I ordered on 10/17 still hasn't shipped. I picked one up at the Apple Store tho so no biggie. I'll just return one of them. Kinda crazy it's taking them so long to ship tho.

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010

T-mobile is quoting 7-10 days for the iPad mini 3 and for the iPad Air 2 16gb. The other iPad Air 2 models are "coming soon"

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Pre-Ordered my iPad Air 2 (128 SG) on 10/21, using the Next program. I have an expected shipping date of 10/27-10/31. I don't see why it is taking AT&T so long to ship. I am also waiting for my iPhone 6 as well, that one is expected to ship in mid November. If all goes well I will have that by Thanksgiving.

The AT&T store I ordered it through is right outside the Mall at Millenia and on the Mall property (the store in the original posts graphic).

syntax

Suspended
May 8, 2002
Ordered a silver 128 GB iPad Air 2 LTE on 10/17, received a shipping estimate of 10/27-10/31, been "preparing to ship" ever since with no movement.

Last edited:

AprilShowers424

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
US
I'm a premier customer and I notice the premier website gives no info. Call 611 or you can check online with the wireless number assigned to your new iPad.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Pre-Ordered my iPad Air 2 (128 SG) on 10/21, using the Next program. I have an expected shipping date of 10/27-10/31. I don't see why it is taking AT&T so long to ship. I am also waiting for my iPhone 6 as well, that one is expected to ship in mid November. If all goes well I will have that by Thanksgiving.

The AT&T store I ordered it through is right outside the Mall at Millenia and on the Mall property (the store in the original posts graphic).

I'm over here in Brevard County. They haven't even gotten regular shelf stock of iPad Air 2's in the store yet. Thanks a lot AT&T.

----------

Probably takes a while, since AT&T has to swap the SIM cards :D

Haha so true.

MacintoshDan

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
I got mine..... From the Apple Store on Friday. Going to cancel my order with AT&T or just return it. Shipping estimate was 11/3-11/7. I was doing next, but decided the government discount I get with Apple and the $100 off the bill coupled with getting it on launch day was worth it.

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I got mine..... From the Apple Store on Friday. Going to cancel my order with AT&T or just return it. Shipping estimate was 11/3-11/7. I was doing next, but decided the government discount I get with Apple and the $100 off the bill coupled with getting it on launch day was worth it.

Very true brother. Tempted to do the same. Might just go WiFi only if this is the case. Don't ever use GPS on my iPad and with continuity, my iPad will always be connected anyway. Don't know if it's worth the extra $130 plus $10 a month with AT&T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.