Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woodlandstar

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2013
I've just been playing music on my :apple: TV through the :apple: remote app on an iPad, and cannot believe how much better the music menu interface is compared to the stock music app!
It mimics iTunes on a Mac, and actually makes use of the larger screen size! The stock iPad music app is just the same as the iPhone version (just a blow up) and doesn't even have a grid view for albums!

The sore point is, the iPad music app used to be different from the iPhone version (with an album grid view), but somewhere along the line it got really messed up becoming the same.
See the 2 pictures attached to see what I mean, it's astonishing to think that this design exists, yet we are forced to use the God awful stock app!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 120

sulliweb

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
Yeah, on the iPhone, I get the point of having separate apps for each thing, but on the iPad, just give us an iTunes app that is basically like the remote app just for local storage to handle Music, Videos, Podcasts, etc...

Liam Steven

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2012
Does your 'remote app' need to be killed frequently in order to stop it looping between "connecting to apple tv" and your list of content at a very fast rate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.