Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
So when I bought my iPod, I immediately bought an invisible shield to protect it. I knew i wanted a vaja case too. I pre-ordered the vaja and stuck my iPod w/ shield on into the case. I figured the shield was so thin that it wouldn't make a difference.

WRONG.

This thing is STUCK in here. I've tried prying it out w/ a screwdriver, but I don't want to do that. Normally I wouldn't care, but the screen REALLY needs to be cleaned. Has anyone heard of people having this problem?

Help appreciated!!!

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
The only tip I would suggest is for you to keep pushing from the bottom doctor connector, and pulling the top...I would imagine the IS is sticking to something inside the case

On a side note, why did you buy both the IS and the Vaja case?

ArcTeryx

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2006
This should work really well for you. Compressed air.
I use it to get handle bar grips off my bikes.
Just use the small straw that comes with the compressed air can, stick it into a small crack and hit the gas. The air will lift any surfaces that are clinging onto themselves.

Personally I don't know why people are so protective. I carry my ipod and treo 650 naked. Only a screen protector. Because by the time it's 3-4 years old, I want scratches on the case, I want small dents on the case, I want the thing to be so trashed (but still usable) that I can say, wow I got my use out of it, I held it every day the way it was meant to be, I felt the nice slick metal finish on it and I liked it.

Kuru Kuru

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2006
/dev/null
Those things are adorable and well crafted. So well crafted that they mean to hug that iPod very snugly and keep it safe within an inch of its own life. I rather wonder how you got it in there with the screen protector on :)
iPod cases are rather like chinese finger traps. Along with the compressed air (which is a GREAT idea, Arc, and I'm the same way about keeping my iPod in the nude) tug the front of the case up and away from the ipod. Sometimes this will unstick the plastic just enough for you to either shake it out gently or pull it out. Mine got stuck in its first case, too.

ArcTeryx

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2006
If that doesn't work, may I suggest this Vaja case removal tool.
Studio13b.jpg

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
hahahaha

thanks for the helpful AND humorous posts...

As far as why it happened in the first place, i bought the shield to protect the iPod until i got the vaja. Once the vaja came, the shield was so thin that I figured it woudln't matter. Wrong...

Thanks for the suggestion about the compresssed air. Hopefully that does the trick...

I'll try to get it out again today and report back.

Kuru Kuru

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2006
/dev/null
If nothing else, we all know now not to put an iPod in a case with its screen protector on. So aside from your strife, thank you :) hehe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.