Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andy7005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2014
Hi,

I use desktop Mac to edit video, Mac OS X 10.6.8. 2.93GHz intel Core i7 processor. 16GB 1333MHz DDR3 Memory. Lately I've found it cuts the last 8 seconds or so off each clip I try and join together to make a video.

I sometimes use footage that'll only play in Windows, and I have a 'Parallels' desktop set up running Windows 7.

Footage is captured using iShowU HD Pro 2.3.7 and then converted through iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe 3.6.0 to enable editing in Final Cut Pro 7.0.3. Edited in FC Pro. Finished product exported as QuickTime movie. iMedia Converter Deluxe 3.6.0 used to convert to AVI format for burning to disc. Then burned to disc using Toast 11.1.

It seems to be happening using Final Cut and when I can burn it to disc as an AVI. I've also tried burning as an MP4, but the same thing happens.

I've noticed that footage that has time stamps, such as CCTV with time stamps, I'll select 40 seconds, yet the FC pro time stamp in the viewer window will show a total of only 32 seconds. However I can cycle through the full 40 seconds - according to the CCTV time stamp.

Has anyone got any ideas why this might be happening?

Andy7005

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2014
I have adjusted capture settings in iShowU HD Pro from 1080p back to the DV Pal setting. This hasn't made any difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.