Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkwng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2011
I'm looking for some advice. I currently have an iPhone 5 (16GB) and a 4th Gen iPad (32G).
I was thinking about upgrading one of the two, so either an iPhone 6 plus, or an iPad Air 2. Just wondering what would be the more worthwhile upgrade.

Another thing to consider is I probably will not upgrade till next year in May, as I am currently out of my home country, and would rather not pay 6x the price for either device. I'm in a small province in China right now where they were selling the iPhone 6 Plus for $3,000 (Canadian), as much as I love my apple products there is no way I am paying $3,000 for a phone. That being said would it be wiser for me to wait for the next iPhone, or perhaps the rumoured iPad pro?

Thoughts?

mvmanolov

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2013
I'm looking for some advice. I currently have an iPhone 5 (16GB) and a 4th Gen iPad (32G).
I was thinking about upgrading one of the two, so either an iPhone 6 plus, or an iPad Air 2. Just wondering what would be the more worthwhile upgrade.

Another thing to consider is I probably will not upgrade till next year in May, as I am currently out of my home country, and would rather not pay 6x the price for either device. I'm in a small province in China right now where they were selling the iPhone 6 Plus for $3,000 (Canadian), as much as I love my apple products there is no way I am paying $3,000 for a phone. That being said would it be wiser for me to wait for the next iPhone, or perhaps the rumoured iPad pro?

Thoughts?

Given your particular circumstances i'd wait... between upgrading the two. i'd start with the iP6 (IMO there is more to be got out of the phone than the iPad as compared to what you have...)

good luck :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.