Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
USA
Samsung either by accident or purposely leaked the next generation Note 10.1. My speculation is what to expect. Last years 10.1 (2014 edition) had QHD, 3GB of RAM but was different by Wi-Fi and Cellular. Wi-Fi had octo-core vs Cellular having Quad-Core.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Everday, I'm still enjoying my 10.1 2014 edition. An updated model along the lines of the Note 4 would be nice.

A month ago, I got a refurbished Note Pro 12.2 (no Note 4, for me, this year:( )and it's even better than my 10.1 (especially multi-window). My guess is that around the time Apple debuts their 12" ipad, Samsung will release their updated model.

I, too, would like a new Note 8. At present, I think it's too soon with the release of the Note 4. We'll see...

Last edited:

viskon

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2012
Everday, I'm still enjoying my 10.1 2014 edition. An updated model along the lines of the Note 4 would be nice.

A month ago, I got a refurbished Note Pro 12.2 (no Note 4, for me, this year:( )and it's even better than my 10.1 (especially multi-window). My guess is that around the time Apple debuts their 12" ipad, Samsung will release their updated model.

I, too, would like a new Note 8. At present, I think it's too soon with the release of the Note 4. We'll see...

I love my Note 10.1, but for the life of me can't understand the button placement. Everytime I put it into portrait , I end up hitting one of the three buttons. So annoying.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
I love my Note 10.1, but for the life of me can't understand the button placement. Everytime I put it into portrait , I end up hitting one of the three buttons. So annoying.

Since I'm left-handed and when I'm using the s pen, it's not a problem. However, when holding the tablet with my left-hand, it used to be very annoying. Now, I just seem to have adapted and it isn't a problem. But, the placement isn't ideal. Maybe, the new 2015 edition will be different?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.