Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clnilsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2011
I thought this would be an easy search, but I'm coming up blank.

I have an A1181 core 2 duo Black Macbook that I've dropped 4gb of memory and a WD Scorpio 7200 drive in after a rebuild, and have a done a fresh install of SL on it.

I'd like to step to Lion if possible, but I cannot for the life of me find where I can get / download a new legit copy of Lion. The app store does not have it anymore, even trying the "option" key on the purchases tab?

I figured I must be looking in the wrong place; does anyone know where to find it? Thanks!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I thought this would be an easy search, but I'm coming up blank.

I have an A1181 core 2 duo Black Macbook that I've dropped 4gb of memory and a WD Scorpio 7200 drive in after a rebuild, and have a done a fresh install of SL on it.

I'd like to step to Lion if possible, but I cannot for the life of me find where I can get / download a new legit copy of Lion. The app store does not have it anymore, even trying the "option" key on the purchases tab?

I figured I must be looking in the wrong place; does anyone know where to find it? Thanks!

If you already purchased it you may need to contact Apple as it should show in your "Purchased" tab in the App Store. If you need to purchase Lion then the link that chrfr is the appropriate method to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.