Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vree

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2013
So

I was wondering what the best app (if one exists) is to protect certain pictures from being viewed without some kind of protection?

On android this was easy. You could just have folder that is full of pictures everyone could see (so you could show them). And one folder where the naughty pictures are in and that is password protected.

Is there a way on the iphone to do this with an app.
But with this in mind:
-Not being afraid your pictures get lost because of a unreliable app.
-Still being able to upload those secret pics to dropbox.

Is there such an app? I see alot on the store, but no Idea what is actually good. Wich is important because most of them you will have to pay or you will get anoying adds.

Thanks in advance for the tips.

EDIT: I know of the build in function of ios 8, but that doesn't really hide it....
EXTRA: on ios 8 (not jailbreaked)

Last edited:

Shailesh.Sharma

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Just switched form Android to IOS, wondering the exact same thing. If anyone has suggestions please let us know. Thanks

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The are various apps in the App Store for something like this, like various photo/video vaults or private folders or apps with similar names.

Shailesh.Sharma

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2014
Thanks for the info, I bought it and it's quite good.

I was wondering if there's any app which locks the albums in photos itself? I mean straight from the default photo app without importing any photos to the app itself. I hope you understand what I mean.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for the info, I bought it and it's quite good.

I was wondering if there's any app which locks the albums in photos itself? I mean straight from the default photo app without importing any photos to the app itself. I hope you understand what I mean.
Not without some sort of a jailbreak tweak that might be able to it.

vree

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 8, 2013
So is one safe foto the best out there or are there others?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.