Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RonaldoStephen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014

dcharleyultra

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2013
I have one on my 6 Plus, along with a Tech 21 clear case.

I found nothing false about the article's details.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
There are a huge number of threads already here about the ZAGG Glass SP. I use the ZAGG Glass on my 6 & am pretty happy with it. No, it doesn't fit all the way to the edge, but neither dI and others out there that can easily & reliably be used with any case out there.

Note: pay the extra $7.00 or so to have a Best Buy person install your product. It must be installed PERFECTLY so you don't have an edge protruding over the curvature of the screen edge thereby leaving a way for it to catch on things and lift the glass off. My installer used up four SP's getting one done right! Better them than you, right?

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
There are a huge number of threads already here about the ZAGG Glass SP. I use the ZAGG Glass on my 6 & am pretty happy with it. No, it doesn't fit all the way to the edge, but neither dI and others out there that can easily & reliably be used with any case out there.

Note: pay the extra $7.00 or so to have a Best Buy person install your product. It must be installed PERFECTLY so you don't have an edge protruding over the curvature of the screen edge thereby leaving a way for it to catch on things and lift the glass off. My installer used up four SP's getting one done right! Better them than you, right?

Gee I'm not sure why it took the BB person to get it installed perfectly. Its not very hard to do yourself. Perfect? Even ZAGG's instructions don't mention how to install perfectly.

Suspended
Oct 14, 2014
Note that this is just my opinion but it simply does not look good, as most of the screen protectors out there. I prefer the moshi approach, I will wait some weeks but I am quite confident that the product will look amazing when applied.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I have a Tech21 Tactical case and a Zagg Glass protector on my 6 Plus and I am very happy with them. I didn't think the install was that difficult and I think I got the protector pretty well aligned. You can see some pics of the phone with the Zagg Glass applied to it in my review of the Tech21 Tactical case:

http://greatdealsaustin.com/2014/10/29/review-tech21-classic-tactical-case-for-iphone-6-plus/

What the Forbes article doesn't mention is that not only does the Zagg Glass look great, it feels absolutely wonderful to touch. Just like glass...because it is glass :)

dcharleyultra

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2013
Zagg Invisible Shield Glass Screen Protector – Ultimate Glass Protector by Fo...

Gee I'm not sure why it took the BB person to get it installed perfectly. Its not very hard to do yourself. Perfect? Even ZAGG's instructions don't mention how to install perfectly.

I got mine installed at a ZAGG kiosk. It took 2 employees three tries. It's still not perfectly aligned, but it's fine and no hanging edges.

Last edited:

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I'm still not sure what "Perfect" really is? IMO as long as the SP edge is lined up correctly and of course the home button then its good. ZAGG must be going thru a lot of glass for all these employees taking so many tries to get it right. And I do not like removing/re-applying it.

RonaldoStephen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
the good thing about Zagg screen protector based on my experienced is the technical support, they accept and change the screen protector without so many questions

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I've ben using Invisible Shield since 2009 and have had a great experience with it, along with their customer service. I recently bought the glass screen protector for the first time for my wife's phone and loved it so much that I decided to start using one on my iPhone 6 as well. And together with the Apple leather case it actually makes swiping from the sides a lot smoother because of the added thickness.

RonaldoStephen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
I've ben using Invisible Shield since 2009 and have had a great experience with it, along with their customer service. I recently bought the glass screen protector for the first time for my wife's phone and loved it so much that I decided to start using one on my iPhone 6 as well. And together with the Apple leather case it actually makes swiping from the sides a lot smoother because of the added thickness.

Thanks for the review I guess the Invisible Shield is better compared to other products

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
The invisible shield is GREAT...and I loved it. I had it on every phone I've owned (and I still have the glass on my iPad Air)...until SimpleSnap came out. It's too easy to install and it covers more of the phone around the ear speaker. Love it!!!

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
I installed the Glass on my 6 Plus and it's fantastic! Crystal clear and smooth. No dust underneath and the install was lined up perfectly. Very happy I decided to go Glass and not the HDX.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
How does it handle glare? I think I'm searching for a unicorn - an antiglare glass screen protector. The matte film ones are awful. They reduce the quality of the screen by so much and it just feels weird as you move your finger over it.

I actually have no problem going w/o a screen protector but the glare just feels particularly bad on this model. It's my only real grips about the iPhones :(

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
How does it handle glare? I think I'm searching for a unicorn - an antiglare glass screen protector. The matte film ones are awful. They reduce the quality of the screen by so much and it just feels weird as you move your finger over it.

I actually have no problem going w/o a screen protector but the glare just feels particularly bad on this model. It's my only real grips about the iPhones :(

Well it's glass so there is some glare, but it does not bother me in any way. It's not much. I'm very happy with this screen protector.

Y2JDMBFAN

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
I somehow got a minor chip on the bottom right corner of mine. Not sure how, as I have a Apple Leather case on the phone and I keep it in a microfiber pouch in my pocket...Usually have gotten Spigen glas screen protectors in the past and never had gotten any chips...

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Bought a Zagg Glass for my 6+ at Best Buy and paid for them to install it too. The employee had to trash the first one since a couple of pieces of dust got underneath. Got it almost perfect the 2nd time.

This is my first glass screen protector and I'm impressed. Not happy about the price though.

I hope more glass screen protectors start coming with alignment kits.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO

Guess I should have said...it was important to me that somebody else responsible installed it, since I totally suck at doing it, and am so darned OCD that it would drive me nuts to install it over and over after I put it on imperfectly. The $7.00 they charged for their service was money well spent...for me.

If you have the talent to install it right yourself...more power to you. You save $7.00.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Guess I should have said...it was important to me that somebody else responsible installed it, since I totally suck at doing it, and am so darned OCD that it would drive me nuts to install it over and over after I put it on imperfectly. The $7.00 they charged for their service was money well spent...for me.

If you have the talent to install it right yourself...more power to you. You save $7.00.

Well spent for me too. I was surprised to see the Best Buy employee just shatter the first one and grab another one from the rack.

I wish all these companies would start including alignment frames with their expensive glass screen protectors.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I have installed well overs 100 screen protectors since the 3GS.
No more for me. I just stop by the Zagg kiosk. If I don't like the alignment#, bubbles or whatever else, I ask to have it replaced. No waiting for the replacement. Stop by the kiosk and pay the piper.

PrimeTimeMKTO

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2014
Minnesota

Agreed. The fact they they will keep installing shields until they do it right is good. Also, if your glass is replaced by zagg under their warranty for whatever reason you can take it back to best buy and start the whole process over at no additional cost. Mine chipped right away along the edge. It is hardly noticeable so not worth the postage yet. If it deteriorates further I'll have it replaced and have best buy do the install again.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011

I have the Zagg Glass on my Plus, first real screen protector I've used (always used Otterbox Defender or Armor, which has them built in). I used to scoff at paying Best Buy to install the screen protectors but now I see the sense in it.

I put mine on myself but the first one got one piece of lint underneath - ended up paying $7 to return it to Zagg for a new one under warranty. Basically if you screw it up the first time you're out $7 anyway.

Next time I'll probably just pay Best Buy to do it, that way if it's not right they can redo it for free.

RonaldoStephen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2014
I have the Zagg Glass on my Plus, first real screen protector I've used (always used Otterbox Defender or Armor, which has them built in). I used to scoff at paying Best Buy to install the screen protectors but now I see the sense in it.

I put mine on myself but the first one got one piece of lint underneath - ended up paying $7 to return it to Zagg for a new one under warranty. Basically if you screw it up the first time you're out $7 anyway.

Next time I'll probably just pay Best Buy to do it, that way if it's not right they can redo it for free.

I guess that is the best way to do it, let them install it so if they mess up you will have another one for free

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.