Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smileycon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I'm probably the only one who never heard of it before but I stumbled upon this CD Slot Car Mount which looks pretty good and general I find this idea very interesting.

Koomus CD-Air CD Slot Mount Universal CD Slot Smartphone Car Mount Holder Cradle for iPhone 6 6+

Any of you guys ever used this kind of car mount?
51MUzqoX6oL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
I'm using essentially that same one right now, the one I have is made my Greatshield

I like mine, it's solid, offers a perfect viewing angle, and isn't too obtrusive. Phone is easy to pop in and out one handed.

It's not the prettiest of solutions, but I find it flows better than some of those ugly window and dash mounts

smileycon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I'm using essentially that same one right now, the one I have is made my Greatshield

I like mine, it's solid, offers a perfect viewing angle, and isn't too obtrusive. Phone is easy to pop in and out one handed.

It's not the prettiest of solutions, but I find it flows better than some of those ugly window and dash mounts

Great, thanks. I don't think its more ugly than most car mounts

webslinger85

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2010
Great, thanks. I don't think its more ugly than most car mounts

I agree. I used to use the Kenu Airframe, but it just didn't work with my 6. I found the cd mount a tiny bit ugly at first, but i love it now, the pros far outweigh the cons

I've got the Koomus magnet CD slot mount coming today along with the Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal. Can't wait to try it out!

I was going to go the magnetic route, but my current case has a clear back, and well, that would look ugly :cool:

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
Stupid FedEx driver never comes through the outer door where the porch is so he always leaves the packages at the front office. So I'll pick up my case and mount tomorrow. Can't wait!

smileycon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I agree. I used to use the Kenu Airframe, but it just didn't work with my 6. I found the cd mount a tiny bit ugly at first, but i love it now, the pros far outweigh the cons

I was going to go the magnetic route, but my current case has a clear back, and well, that would look ugly :cool:

Thanks! I'm going to try it :)

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I have this one for my 6+ which is actually less expensive than the one you linked. It's sturdy and I'm very happy with it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D4ABOZS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1414857559&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
I received my Koomis mount and Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal case on Saturday before going out of town. Well, I put over 560 miles on my car over the last two days and the mount worked perfectly. The mount stayed in place and my iP6+ stayed right along with it! I'm loving it so far!

333d6afce2dbe4b8d66b9fc0e5176a61_zpsb1ca00f7.jpg

iuserman

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014

smileycon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.