Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lip5016

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2014
Hello. I'm using Wine and I minimized the window (using the little yellow dot in the top left).. and now when I click on the opened icon in the "Dock", the program title "Wine" appears on the very top Apple Menu Bar, but not the actual window itself..

I have tried Command+Tab and selected the running app "Wine".. and it just does the same thing.. appears on the very top Apple Menu Bar, but not the actual window itself..

When the "Wine" app shows up on the TOP Menu Bar, I've tried clicking "Window", and there's nothing showing there.. I've tried disabling all the "extra" dock preferences.. still nothing.. I've checked any possible other opened desktops, still nothing.. Also, when I right-click the Wine app in the dock, and click "Show All Windows", it just shows me a gray screen with nothing there..

Is there any way to "Maximize" or bring back open this app? I have some complex things running in it that will take some time to complete, so I really want to avoid "Quitting" the app altogether..

Is there any way to get this window to show? Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.