Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cougar2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Canada
Greetings, This is my first tim on this sight and from what I see, it looks like a good one:)
I have a G5 and moved up to a new IMac, found some things very slow with the G5 for what I need to do with it, so Im getting it ready to sell. I don't have any disks, I got it used some years ago, but i did have it up graded to Leopard. I saved a copy of the Leopard from my hard drive to an external drive and with some googled info, I found a sight that instructed to mace a new account and get rid of the old one. but now I have hit a wall since I can't get rid of the old one.
Here is what I did. I went to system Preferences from the Apple menu, click the Accounts icon, click the Lock icon, and enter your password. Since my machine didn't have a password I just entered Ok and Created a new account. I selected the check box that says Allow User to Administer This Computer.
From there I logged out from the Apple menu. After I saw the logon screen, I clicked the new account name but did n to enter a password since I didn't have one before. I hit System Preferences from the Apple menu and clicked the Accounts icon and Clicked the Lock icon again.
I then clicked on the old account icon and then clicked the minus button, but the old account would not go since the - button would not work.

I do have a new account but the old one is still there. Any help on this would be great!!
Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.