Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duderman67

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2013
Guyz, does anybody have iPad Air 2 WITHOUT yellow screen corners? I bought the one, it had them, return and change for another, and the latter has them too. Wonder if it makes sense to change iPad further or just skip this problem generation?

Rocket Man

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2014
Seems like there are some screens out there with far less noticeable yellowing however it ultimately falls to the dreaded screen lottery. You'd think that after 6 generations of iPad that this would be a thing of the past...

NorthSeaBeach

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2014
The Hague
There we go again. I had this issue on my Mini 2. Had to change it and really didn't like that. I have a perfect even white screen on my ipad 3 and I'm afraid to upgrade that to the Air2 because of the chance of getting a worse screen. That means yellowish or tinted. That's apart from vibrations. And I really want to upgrade.

Really hope Apple changes to oled screens so this will be a thing of the past.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Nice even white on mine. First time since original ipad I didn't have a full or half piss-yellow screen.

vmflapem

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2013
I'm wondering if you guys really have those yellow tints on your screen. I got my first ipad air 2 today and the screen is just perfect. Absolutely no hint of any yellow screen.

dfran1

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
YUP mine is a TAD on the yellow side, BUT ABSOLUTELY nothing to complain about, and like I said in an iphone 6 forum thread, the tad yellow is actually true to its pictures vs anything else from what I have tested on, and this is nothing like my 4s was, that was yellow and washed out.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
I'm wondering if you guys really have those yellow tints on your screen. I got my first ipad air 2 today and the screen is just perfect. Absolutely no hint of any yellow screen.

Yeah, if yours doesn't it's impossible that any of the millions of other units could :rolleyes:

TripleP

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2012
I'm on my third Air 2. The first had very noticeable yellow tint on the bottom third (portrait view). The second had bad book spine effect on the left edge. The third has no book spine at all and just a feint yellow tint on the bottom third. I'm tired of playing iPad roulette and have no faith in getting a perfect screen, so I'll probably keep this one.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
I've had three - all with good even white screens. First two with dead pixels though.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I had numerous problems with previous iPads with yellow screen, light bleed, dust under glass. This iPad i bought today is absolutely perfect. I recall devices leaving the factory without the glue completely drying and those having the issue waiting a week and the yellowing being gone. You could wait, or maybe try another store....could be a bad batch too.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.